Home

PC best version?

This is a discussion on PC best version? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2006, 06:17 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: PC best version?

OT, I don't think PC gaming is dead or dying in fact I see an upswing in the future. First if PC gaming dies so does the PC industry. What's the primary driving force of new tech hardware, faster CPU's, physics cards, faster graphics cards etc., it's PC gaming that's behind all the tech advances.

Directx10 and Vista will give PC gaming an infusion. As someone else has mentioned Crysis looks unbelieveable. PC gaming usually surpasses what consoles can do within 1 year. The Xbox360 or PS3 has not impressed me the way Crysis does.

What's hurting PC gaming and this is not my opinion and that of others in the industry is software pirating. Thanks to the internet and Google you can usually find the latest and greastest games via a torrent. I bought Madden 07 (PC) and even before it was released there was a nocd crack on the net.

Digital Distribution is the future once the publishers work out it's problems. Steam probably is the only one that's done it right.

On to the consoles, I left PC gaming in the late 90's cause PC upgrades and games were more expensive than buying a $300 Playstation and $19.99 $39.99 PSX games.

With console replacements three PS2's in five years and two Xboxes and shelling out $50 on average for games, i've decided to go back to PC gaming. I'm now finding it a cheaper source of gaming entertainment on the PC, games cost less and upgrading is less expensive and I find my Computer parts don't break like the consoles.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:42 AM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

One thing people tend to forget is most hobbies have their degrees of dedication and they coexist fine. Gaming is no different to, say, cameras. You could buy a pretty good P&S digital camera for $400 or you could spend $1000+ on a Digital SLR camera, which can get new lenses, flash units, battery grips etc. It all depends on how seriously you take your hobby, gaming is no different. Consoles are generally the casual market, PC's are generally the enthusiast market. Some people want to be able to sit down and pick up and play a game, while some people enjoy building their system, tweaking games and drivers, and overclocking for more performance in games.

As Rodster said, too much is behind PC gaming. Microsoft don't want to lose their 1st major gaming platform, Windows sales would dip considerably without the gamers. Nvidia and ATI rely on the gaming industry while Intel and AMD are heavily involved - that's far more backing than one company like Sony who's taking a rather large gamble with the PS3. People are still buying the latest gear in record numbers, so there's still a massive market for PC gaming.

EDIT: Oh BTW mrprice33, I totally forgot to mention "Spore" - you can't even assign that game to one genre. Could easily be the best game to hit in a long while regardless of platform. It will probably be next gen too but it's a PC native title.

Last edited by Nza; 08-26-2006 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #19
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Unfortunately you can't avoid that I don't think, one button is linked to one function in all categories - so for example what you choose for dive on offense has to be dive on defense. Who knows, maybe we'll crack open the profile files (which is where it stores controller info I presume) and edit it ourselves!
Yeah, that's the problem. I want the right trigger to be my sprint button when I rush, roll out, or anything. However, when I put RT as sprint, I end up having to hike with that as well, and "A" would be the button I use to check my player routes and whatnot. It's very odd. Hopefully someone can figure out what to do to get it as each function by itself.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:30 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can you play coach mode only on the PC?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #21
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Does anyone know some good PC sites for Madden that include mods, rosters, etc. I might pick this up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Does anyone know some good PC sites for Madden that include mods, rosters, etc. I might pick this up.

football-freaks.com

Also, there is coach mode on the PC version.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:09 AM   #23
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
football-freaks.com

Also, there is coach mode on the PC version.
Thank you
Old 08-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #24
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I was another that went out and purchased the PC version being a 360 owner. The only negative is the player models compared to 360, but other than that I'm in football gaming heaven. Everything else is leeps and bounds above 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »