Home

Madden 07 glitch infested or too many nit pickers?

This is a discussion on Madden 07 glitch infested or too many nit pickers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden 07 glitch infested or too many nit pickers?

When people are playing $60 for a product and the trade in value an hour later is half that then I think they have every right to nit pick - especially when many of the issues with the game are due to poor Q&A.

Most of the complaining is not about stuff EA never promised (a decent presentation) - it is about are things that are in the game but broken or poorly executed. EA is a huge company and Madden a monster brand. If they want too feed the community hype for months prior to release they better be ready to reep what they sow.

Besides, this is how every single forum Ive ever seen works (including the guys with a post like yours) - nothing new, if you don't like it move on.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
read the boards for every game ever released.

it's always like this... somebody is always pissed about something or other and they love to rant about it.

me ...I just play the friggin game. if I don't like it, I trade it in and move on.
Developers like gamers like you, makes it much easier to sell games and not hear user feedback.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

GLITCH INFESTED No editor. (FA DT Grady Jackson On ATL is # 4) Stopped twice so far in mid game and just panned the stadium. Can't properly create players. No alternate jerseys. This game is a rip-off. Still have yet to see a facemask. I was expecting alot more from this title, aside from graphics 06 for xbox blows this away.
WASHINGTONWIZARDS
MICHIGANWOLVERINES

Last edited by SD2240; 08-26-2006 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't know if I'd necessarily call it a glitchfest, but it does seem to lack an overall sheen and/ or polish. Just seems a little rushed at points, or somewhat like they just didn't really grind out the details and finishing touches. (this may get a bit off topic, but i think it's important to distinguish between glitches and design decisions)
For example:
- the fatigue is a glitch, at least we think
- the hall of fame players in franchise is a bad design choice
- the lack of a true presentation is another poor decision/ design choice
- player interaction is quirky at best
- penelties almost never occur
- the menus and playcalling screens are horrid in terms of stuttering
- players still skate on the field and don't really look like they have weight, which to me is poor design
- even the ea/ hd logo in the beginning of the intro has trouble with framerate
-
the omission of timeouts for opposing teams in the playcall screen is rediculous
- still can't save replays, which is questionable
- not enough sliders/ gameplay options/ personal preference options, which has been done before in other games
- the sidelines and sideline interaction is pitiful, including the lack of referees, chain gang, and field goal nets, etc
- i once saw my player run through the goalpost after a touchdown... maybe a glitch, but possible just lack of attention to detail
- sound options are nowhere to be found, and by this i mean customized soundtracks and sound for certain events in-game a la 2k5

I think everyone gets my point... the game is riddled with gimmicks and a few big glitches. IMO the gimmicks have failed- superstar is weird and boring after a few plays while lead blocking is just kinda strange and seemingly useless and uneventful at times. The depth of the game is better than last years, but there is still an utter lack of polish and attention to detail. To me, that is what seperates a good game that people will play for years (ie. Madden 05, Nfl 2k5) from the pretty ones that people trade in after a few weeks or months (ie. Madden 06, MLB 2k6).
This game falls in between the two- it's good enough but there is still a lot of work to be done until this game is great again. If EA fails to upgrade its gameplay and feature set/ customization as well as the presentation in 08 then they will seriously lose my resepct.
In light of all this, I think I've proven my point... there are many flaws with this game and overall they are things that we've seen implented in the past or implemented just better before. Also, there are things that are just unexplainable and unforgivable. And then there are just poor designs.
We still have a pretty good game, but we're all still waiting....
... next gen still seems to be a myth. That's the crux, a lot of what is wrong/ purported to be wrong with this game was supposed to be fixed with next gen. (ie. how did NFL Fever 04 have footprints in the snow and swaying field goal nets but Madden 07 next gen can't.... how can NFL 2k5 have customized soundtracks, gang tackling, and a true to life ESPN presentation but Madden 07 next gen doesn't.... how did Madden 05 have a fully developed franchise mode, innovative owner mode, defensive playmaker, killer gameplay, etc but Madden next gen cannot or will not???)
Maybe that is the problem- it isn't that these systems or games can't do these things, it's that EA is content to rest on its laurels and send out a few "NEW'S" and "IMPROVED's" and "ONLY HERE'S" and gimmicks aimed at teenagers while just getting along and not doing what they simply don't want to do.

I really don't know the answers, but I do know that we as gamers have high expectations. We may not be warranted in our expectations and some of them may be unreal, but we've been told for years now that next gen was going to cure a lot of ills that plagued last gen systems and games. We were shown a "target video" that still seems to be light years away in some respects and surpassed in others. We payed lots and lots of money for something that was supposed to make us forget about PS2 and XBOX and Gamecube and not look back... but it seems that more and more people are turning back to the older systems or looking way back to the "good ol' days".
It's just strange... the sports gaming industry (and football specifically) seems to be at a huge crossroads. The exclusive licenses and close integration with networks, etc have a huge part in this situation... and a lot remains to be seen.
When this will all be more clear is uncertain.... makes ya feel good inside huh??
I don't know... any thoughts?
Peace
AM Son

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 08-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

My question is whether any of these design flaws/glictches/laziness on EA's part etc will be fixed on the ps3 version when it launches in november?

Is the ps3 version being developed by the same crew that did the 360 version?

Where are any ps3 madden pics? other than the crap they showed at e3?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:35 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hardly ever post but I read every day or so....anywayz A.M. Son is so frecking on point I don't know what to say......

EXACTLY BROTHA PREACH ON

next gen was supposed to take everything we were used to and step that up 10 fold..... But it ain't, is it?

They lied like the corporate b*stards that they are......TRUE GAMERS LIKE USE COULD MAKE A BETTER GAME..........EASILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:36 PM   #15
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
Baaaaa (that was a sheep bleating sound). EA appreciates your yearly shearing.
nope...

first EA sports game I've owned since Live on Xbox about what? 3 years ago?

ok second... I owned Madden 360 '06 for about 3 days before I traded it in.

been playing 2k series mostly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 10:40 PM   #16
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Developers like gamers like you, makes it much easier to sell games and not hear user feedback.
well there are plenty of other angry people in the world that love to complain to make up for my lack of ranting.

In my experience most of all ranting is ignored by the poeple at whom it is directed, as it should be. I prefer providing constructive crticism and I assume people who have the ability to fix it, prefer to hear it too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »