Home

Petition For 360 Patch To Include Player Editing

This is a discussion on Petition For 360 Patch To Include Player Editing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #41
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Petition For 360 Patch To Include Player Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I just quoted you on that.
that was funny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #42
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
True that but... from a programming perspective patching the game so the stamina works is one thing. Putting in an actual player editor as a whole other story. You have to understand the logic behind object oriented programming. The stamina patch isnt as difficult and it is patchable. All the patch is going to do is tell the game to change a setting in the programming so that fatigue works. Fatigue is already in there, its just broken...some code can change the properties of it, but nonetheless its there, just not working right now.

Player editor is something that I can tell you now is NOT going to get fixed because there is no player editor TO fix. Create a player and player editor are not the same thing. They are two indivudial programs running inside of the madden code....and in this years madden there is only one of them..they Create a Player.

I hate to say it but dont hold your breath for a player editor, its not going to happen...and you can quote me on that.
You seem to know a bit about programming/patching. Would EA be able to simply allow us to edit numbers for players? That would appease me.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #43
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm still wondering if there will even BE a patch. To me the game is unplayable without auto subs and fatigue working. I like seeing my D-Line rotating in and out...sue me. I'm still playing to death NCAA, so "hopefully" EA will get something done in the next week or so before the NFL season starts.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 08-30-2006, 06:47 PM   #44
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

I dont think ea will release a patch for any of the madden issues.. I am just enjoying it for what it is, an patiently awaiting the NBA games..
Old 08-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #45
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzchamp
I must say that not having a player editor should be waaaaay down on EA's list of things to fix in this game

Wrong, it needs to be top 3 on things to fix on 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
Patch will never happen unless it can fit on a memory card.Microsoft will only allow things like this to be done for the lowest version of the system.A problem with one version with a hard drive and one without.We will always be held back by the core system.Ps3 took the right approach i think with every system having a hard drive for cases like this.
If they only release the patch for download from XBOX Live, they don't have to worry about the core system, since it's not compatible with online play.

Of course, they still aren't going to release a patch that adds a whole new feature to the game...

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-30-2006, 08:12 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 2

If you think giving us a player editor would be too hard, then how do you think we can buy stadiums and alternate uniforms? You know why? because the stadiums and uniforms are already on the disc.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

How about a patch for FATIGUE first. You guys are thinking WAY TOO FAR AHEAD!

I still don't buy the stickied post saying a patch is coming....where is it? Been a week now.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »