Home

Madden vs. NCAA on 360

This is a discussion on Madden vs. NCAA on 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Madden vs. NCAA on 360

I own NCAA 2007 on 360 and I downloaded Madden demo... to me the gameplay seemed to be nearly identicle. Could someone who owns them both tell me about the differences please?

If I like college football more than pro football should I stay away from Madden or is it a better game in any way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden vs. NCAA on 360

Madden has better animations and better DB coverage on the corner routes. I love both games. It boils down to wether you are a huge pro fan or huge college fan. If you are a big college fan, I would stick with NCAA.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I just like NCAA better. It's more fun to me. I feel the RB moves are more responsive as well. And of course, commentary is still miles better.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

The gameplay seems a little better on NCAA. The announcers are better too....even if they repeat themselves.

Also, players tire in NCAA

I wonder how hard it it to take the fatigue from NCAA and patch it into Madden....Did they put the smart programmers in NCAA this year?

Back on topic. I think it really depends if you like college or pro football better. Both are similiar.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Well I am a college fan for sure. In past, I always read that Madden was a better product so I downloaded the demo and I couldn't feel any difference. I will stick with NCAA. Thanks for the replies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I think the games play similar to their real life conterparts.
NCAA is more open, crazy plays happen more often. Big passes, big runs, huge mistakes and the consequences of momentum. I like the variety of offenses and defenses you will find and wacky 42-38 scores are not uncommon.
Madden plays more like the NFL - the game is tighter, 'open' receivers aren't open for long. You need to know your playbook and execute the plays well to be successful. You don't see 8 yrd per rush averages - you see a bunch of 2-4 yrd rushes with the occasional 25 yarder. The lineman are almost as fast as a running back, so forget running outside too much. Most scores will be in the 20's, but a great defense can dominate.
Just watch some games, these are the same things that happen for real every fall weekend.

I am much more a NFL fan than an NCAA fan (I'm in Philly where pro football is king), but I enjoy the college game. Usually when Madden comes out, NCAA finds itself on a shelf for months, basically until I need a draft class. This year is different though - I think both games are great (well, Madden will be great when the fatigue patch comes) and can see myself playing both simultaneously for quite a while.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I think the games play similar to their real life conterparts.
NCAA is more open, crazy plays happen more often. Big passes, big runs, huge mistakes and the consequences of momentum. I like the variety of offenses and defenses you will find and wacky 42-38 scores are not uncommon.
Madden plays more like the NFL - the game is tighter, 'open' receivers aren't open for long. You need to know your playbook and execute the plays well to be successful. You don't see 8 yrd per rush averages - you see a bunch of 2-4 yrd rushes with the occasional 25 yarder. The lineman are almost as fast as a running back, so forget running outside too much. Most scores will be in the 20's, but a great defense can dominate.
Just watch some games, these are the same things that happen for real every fall weekend.

I am much more a NFL fan than an NCAA fan (I'm in Philly where pro football is king), but I enjoy the college game. Usually when Madden comes out, NCAA finds itself on a shelf for months, basically until I need a draft class. This year is different though - I think both games are great (well, Madden will be great when the fatigue patch comes) and can see myself playing both simultaneously for quite a while.
I agree 100%. EA did a great job of making each game play like the real thing. Madden will be the bomb once the fatigue patch hits.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I own NCAA 2007 on 360 and I downloaded Madden demo... to me the gameplay seemed to be nearly identicle. Could someone who owns them both tell me about the differences please?

If I like college football more than pro football should I stay away from Madden or is it a better game in any way?
I own NCAA, and love it. I also love College Football more than Pro overall.

But on the 360 Madden Owns NCAA. If anything because it's more polished and you don't have recievers getting hung up on dbs and running in place on a treadmill. I was stunned at how much Madden sucked me in. I still play NCAA though. But Madden's much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »