Home

~~Taking signups for (360) Fantasy Draft~~

This is a discussion on ~~Taking signups for (360) Fantasy Draft~~ within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ~~Taking signups for (360) Fantasy Draft~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altohombre
I was thinking of randomizing the draft order for each round. I am never a big fan of getting the 4th pick and then having to wait 60 picks to get another pick. This way you may get a crappier pick the first 2 rounds but then get great picks the 3rd, 4th, 5th. etc.
Right, but that way you have to make every single pick in succession. That's almost 2000 picks... Even if we get through 2 rounds or 64 picks in a day, it'd still take almost a month to do the entire draft... and that's assuming everybody's available or even has access to the internet every day.

I'm actually starting to think this might be impossible... there's a reason why fantasy football has only around 10 teams per league drafting around 10 players each. That makes 100 picks, which is nice and managable and still takes a number of hours even when everybody's physically in the same place.
2000 draft picks: not so nice and managable.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm not making a spreadsheet of every player in the game for nothing. It will get done. It's not like there is another choice for xbox360 players. There is no fantasy draft and there won't be till next year. Even if we just draft starting squads and then a couple key backups we could just assign the rest of the team in a fair manor. I don't give up easily
Old 09-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #35
Rookie

need more sign ups, i'm almost done with the spreadsheet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #36
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I think we should create our own forum for this. I will look for a free one later today. It would make it nice and neat. We would have 53 threads, one for each round. A lot better than e-mail, and we would have a site dedicated to it.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:17 PM   #37
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Also I'm thinking, that each day equals each two rounds. You have 24 hours to make a pick. If no pick is made, the admin makes it for you. There could be two admins, one for the AFC and one for the NFC. If you can't make a certrain round day, you could e-mail the according admin your list of choices so the admin can you choose for you. I would not mind helping out in this.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #38
Rookie

good stuff primetime. I'm off this week so i should be checking the site quite frequently. Let me know any updates you have on a free site to host this. I am 2 positions away from finishing the spreadsheet. Just WR and CB to go. I am also interested if they do that roster update if I need to make some changes. I still also need to add some of the players who were left out of the game like Hank Baskett, etc.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:12 PM   #39
Rookie

bump and run
Old 09-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #40
Rookie

bump, come on guys lets give this a try

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »