Home

Xbox 360 patches

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 patches within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2006, 03:57 PM   #49
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Xbox 360 patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Go back and look at some of the pre-vids of Madden 07, fatigue never worked. So it definately was not a 11th hour problem.
Depends on how you define 11th hour, doesn't it? Think about it, we didn't get much in the way of Madden vids until about a month prior to release date. That's very close to the cutoff date necessary to allow time for duping the discs and shipping to the stores.

It would be interesting to know if the early builds that IGN et al based their previews on had this glitch, and if they did why wasn't it mentioned?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #50
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I've learned to not wait for a patch. If we get one, great! However, I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been there, done that, and gotten the t-shirt.

This is the last game I preorder or purchase on release day from EA. I'll still buy their products, but only after people have had a few days to test them out and find any issues.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:10 PM   #51
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
I don't see anyone doing that.

There are however, those of us who know that patience is required in these matters. It took 2K nearly a month to patch MLB2K6. Why should anyone assume Madden will be patched sooner?

I do think EA should keep everyone updated even if it's just to say "We're still working on it", but I also know that's never how it works (at least none of the corporations I've worked for).

IMO if a patch isn't released 1 month after the game has been out, something is fishy and that's when it'll really bother me. That should be plenty of time to code it, test it, get it to MS to authenticate it and get it up on a server for release.

No fatigue is a huge issue IMO and must be corrected. If not, it's a huge black eye for EA.
Man I agree with you but if it isn't released at all hypothetically do you really think ea is concerned that it will be a black eye for them..it won't effect there future sales at all...the same people complaining this year and buying the game will be the same people complaining and buying the game next year..It's the nature of football videogaming...We are always hoping for the greatest videogame year after year...and as long as that game is the only game in town we will never be satisfied ..As log as the bottom line is substantial and reaches projections for ea we will always be searching for that game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 8

To be honest the game needs a lot of patching period. There is a lot of things just simply broke in this game. To start, the gameplay needs a complete overhaul!

Funny, playing this game just makes you desire more and wonder about the what if's.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:21 PM   #53
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

All I know is they issues a statement saying they would fix the issue pretty quick. It was so quick i wondered how they had time to even look at what the issue was.

Could be they are realizing that this is not a patchable item.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

All this talk about fatigue is tiring.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:57 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

fatigue is really minor IMO. The freezing is what really needs to be fixed. It seems a lot of people are having freezing problems with only Madden, while their other games work fine. The sad thing is I like this game, it is very enjoyable. But it is no fun playing with the anticipation of a freeze happening. Even without the freezing, the stuttering can almost drive a person nuts. I know what EA should do in the future. They should release a new game every other year and free roster updates on the off years. They have proven time and again that they cannot develope a great game in 1 year. I would really like to see a 1st party football game. I think microsoft could deliver a nice game, like sony did with The Show for baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 07:03 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 6

The longer it takes EA to patch it, the less likely it will be we get one.

Think about it, they'll have made their money and...well...a month from now, no one will be talking about the fatigue glitch. They'll be accustomed to it. Ain't no patch coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »