Home

Workaround for getting players numbers correct

This is a discussion on Workaround for getting players numbers correct within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Workaround for getting players numbers correct

I found a workaround to get the players to have the correct numbers. It is tedious, time consuming, and really annoying. But if you really want the correct numbers of existing players here's how to do it.

In my example I am going to use the Eagles.

Have a roster save that you can go back to if need be.

Jeff Garcia is #7 in real life and #6 on the roster, so I released him to the free agent pool and picked him up by another team that I know had a player #6. I used the Broncos because Cutler was #6. It then assigned Garcia #7. (Never mind that no one will ever where 7 again for Denver). Anyway I then released Garcia back to the free agent pool, he now had #7. I then went back to the Eagles and picked him up.

The problem with this is that sometimes I have no idea how they choose what number to use. Sometimes you will get lucky and you just have to go to one team. I took about 20 mins getting AJ Feeley to #14. The system gave #1 and then after I signed him to the Cardinals, he went to #0. I had to reload the save and try again. I eventually got it.

Like I said this is a huge pain in the a$$, but it is a way to do it.

Please EA, allow us to edit player info. It should be a standard feature, it had been all the way back to the PS1.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »