Home

The real fix EA should look at....

This is a discussion on The real fix EA should look at.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The real fix EA should look at....

ESPN 2k5 did this so very well. they actually used the entire 0-100 scale.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #10
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
ESPN 2k5 did this so very well. they actually used the entire 0-100 scale.
ESPN 2k5 is a joke when it comes to ratings, you got O-linemen with 30 strength.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:58 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't think the rating scale needs to be tweaked. If you look at the physical attributes between the ratings and the NFL, they aren't that far apart. For the most part, the difference in raw abilities between Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer aren't that far off. They both have arms, strenght, and so on.

The area that needs to be tweaked is the gameplay AI and the effect that awareness has on it. The difference in a veteran safety and a rookie safety isn't their speed, it's the fact that the veteran safety knows what to do more so than the rookie. With that said, the game needs to improve the AI so that they can show a difference in the good awareness players and the bad awareness players. Right now you just have bad AI all over and the differences are minor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 08:12 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
ESPN 2k5 is a joke when it comes to ratings, you got O-linemen with 30 strength.

strength, speed, etc in espn are based off combine stuff mostly, according to the game manual. also espn's game engine is designed to factor in player weight. so while your o-lineman may have a 55 str rating,he'll still overwhelm a 60 str db. i have never seen a 30 str lineman in espn. most players are between 40-60, including all positions.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

i agree with bears completely, the problem isn't with the ratings.

if someone like reggie bush dominates currently on madden because of his speed, it isn't a problem with the ratings, it's a problem with the fact that madden makes speed too important.

i'm not sure what he's rated but i'm assuming that reggie bush is the fastest rb in the game, and he should be, so that isn't the problem.

the problem is the awareness a.i. just like bears said. it's not important enough, speed is the most important thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »