Home

Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis?

This is a discussion on Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA Have Included Alternate Uniforms? (360)
Alternate uniforms should have been included "out of the box." 184 93.88%
We should have to D/L them, for a fee, from XBL Marketplace. 12 6.12%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
I majored in economics, I don't think you need to explain anything to me, champ. I work for Nations Bank in Charlotte NC, perhaps you've heard of that? All you are is a shill for EA Sports, my only wonder now is how much you're getting paid to show "support" for what is pretty much seen everywhere as a bad business move.
im an econ major right now. goes to show there are tons of varying opinions in this field. thats good.

its only a bad move when you lose sales. they know there taking a hit on the NFL DEAL, but without the sales drop,( the biggest way to show the company they dislike what they see), theyll continue on.

if sales drop, theyll make nice to its consumers and provide all that stuff for free, but subsequently raise the price of the game a few bucks... theyll then be looked at as giving back.

gotta love these mind.business games
Old 09-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
I say again, look at the sales numbers. The minimal gains they would get from alternate jerseys are simply not needed, it's EA sports for christs sakes, not joe blow from shmoetown
You're an economics major.

So you should know that sales minus cost of goods sold is gross profit, and that minus fixed expenses and all that garbage gets you net profit.

How do you know that EA's NET PROFIT is higher than it was two years ago???
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 09-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

This is what happens when a company has a monopoly. Sure its a good business decision. Sure the exclusive deal was a good business decision too. Last time I checked, everyone here is a consumer. How in the world does someone vote that they shouldn't include the Unis ?

If other companies had FB games with "Free" uniforms, EA wouldn't be doing this. But they have us by the nuts. We will be paying for rosters next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
We will be paying for rosters next.
fatique, i think.

"hell, we sold THIS MANY units with all this crap missing? lets add it back slowly but at a low fixed cost"

lol until people start to care via them buying the game, they can go as far as they want
Old 09-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Again, you are showing ignorance, yes in the grand scheme of things, that is indeed minimal gain. Maybe you should spend your next check from EA on an economics course.
You know people are getting desperate and running out of ammo, when they start to toss the personal insults.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #78
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
This is what happens when a company has a monopoly. Sure its a good business decision. Sure the exclusive deal was a good business decision too. Last time I checked, everyone here is a consumer. How in the world does someone vote that they shouldn't include the Unis ?

If other companies had FB games with "Free" uniforms, EA wouldn't be doing this. But they have us by the nuts. We will be paying for rosters next.
Explain to me again how this is a monopoly?
Old 09-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You know people are getting desperate and running out of ammo, when they start to toss the personal insults.
what squint posted isnt personal? if thats what you say is personal, then so is this

"A $10,000,000 profit is minimal gain just from your first two weeks of sales? And you majored in economics? Go back to that school and let them know you just found out that you were cheated."

this is getting out of hand personally
Old 09-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #80
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I can't really take much offense to a personal insult coming from someone who thinks that $10,000,000 in profit from just two weeks of sales is "minimal gain". I kind of feel sorry for the guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »