Home

Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis?

This is a discussion on Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA Have Included Alternate Uniforms? (360)
Alternate uniforms should have been included "out of the box." 184 93.88%
We should have to D/L them, for a fee, from XBL Marketplace. 12 6.12%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #17
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis?

It really makes it impossible for people who dont have xbox live. The roster situation sucks too.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #18
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdog
It really makes it impossible for people who dont have xbox live. The roster situation sucks too.
Hey man, I hate to tell you, but NextGen consoles are built on the premise that user is going to have some type of Live account.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Madden 2008 downloadable or locked content list includes:

Franchise Mode.
Superstar Mode.
Owner Mode.
Alternate and Throwback Uniforms.
Classic Teams and Hall of Famers.
Online League play for up to 4 owners; 32 won't be available for another 3 years, sorry.(if you want stats and a league site, that will be an extra 800 MS points)
Correct Pro-Bowl helmets of each player's respective team.

Don't sweat it though guys, season mode will still be an included feature... until '09

You don't even need to give 'em your credit card information as they already have it: http://xbox360.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152782&did=1. All you have to do is access these features and 'ding' you just got charged.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #20
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Exactly. That's why the results are going to reflect the original poster's position.

A topic like this has multiple layers and would have to consist of more than one poll to get a true feel for the topic of discussion.

First, people are blaming EA when the originator of the marketplace is Microsoft. EA is simply making the most of a feature that, I'm quite sure, was pitched to them during the development of the 360.

Also, people assume they are entitled to alternate jerseys and if they don't have them, then they are somehow getting ripped-off. Most teams wear their alternate jerseys once or twice a year (at most). I know the Chargers usually wear their powder blues once per year but added a second game last season. Not having alternate jerseys takes nothing away from the gameplay.
EA still has the choice on whether or not to sell the alternates or include them. Just because M$ pitched that feature to the developers doesn't mean the developers are forced to use it.

It's more about the principle than "entitlement." I don't think there would be that much of an outcry if these alternate jerseys were never available (in box) before. If this was the first time EA (or any company) introduced alternate jerseys, people might be excited that they were just available. However, these alternate jerseys have been in game for several years now.... that's why people feel like they've taken something away only to charge them for it later.

Basically, if they were going to offer something new (stadium upgrades, mini-games), I'm sure people would be less apt to complain.

Updated rosters take nothing away from gameplay either. So, this is another thing that may go up for sale in the future.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #21
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzchamp
Madden 2008 downloadable or locked content list includes:

Franchise Mode.
Superstar Mode.
Owner Mode.
Alternate and Throwback Uniforms.
Classic Teams and Hall of Famers.
Online League play for up to 4 owners; 32 won't be available for another 3 years, sorry.(if you want stats and a league site, that will be an extra 800 MS points)
Correct Pro-Bowl helmets of each player's respective team.

Don't sweat it though guys, season mode will still be an included feature... until '09

You don't even need to give 'em your credit card information as they already have it: http://xbox360.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152782&did=1. All you have to do is access these features and 'ding' you just got charged.
Plus your going to have to download a football to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
There seems to be some debate about whether EA should have included alternate uniforms for each team in the 360 version of Madden. Should EA include alternate uniforms as part of the game, out of the box, or should we have to pay to download them from the XBL Marketplace?
I frequent a few different message boards - and I give you a big gold trophy for the dumbest poll in the history of online gaming.
No - they shouldn't have included alternate unis. I love the idea of paying for them.
What a stupid question.

This thread should be locked for its sheer stupidity.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #23
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

not this again...
Old 09-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #24
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
This is a skewed poll. Of course, anyone will take anything for free. It's more of do you have a problem with EA charging for them, and I do not have a problem with it. It's business, and about every company has charged for profile icons, themes, etc on the Marketplace, those should be free as well right?
I agree the way the poll is set-up is skewed. However, I think the results would still be the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »