Home

Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis?

This is a discussion on Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA Have Included Alternate Uniforms? (360)
Alternate uniforms should have been included "out of the box." 184 93.88%
We should have to D/L them, for a fee, from XBL Marketplace. 12 6.12%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #33
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Should EA Have Included Alternate Unis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
"because we've always gotten them for free".

That's not an argument, it's a temper tantrum.

and charging for the alternate uniforms is nickel and diming.

... on a separate note...

I wonder if these alternate uniforms are only good for that year's particular game (in this case Madden 07 or NCAA 07). Will these same alternate uniforms have to be purchased every year?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
and charging for the alternate uniforms is nickel and diming.
True. I'm no more happy about that than anyone else, but imo it's definitely the lesser of two evils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
... on a separate note...

I wonder if these alternate uniforms are only good for that year's particular game (in this case Madden 07 or NCAA 07). Will these same alternate uniforms have to be purchased every year?
Almost certainly.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #35
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's pretty simple.

-Production costs for 360 games are higher than current gen titles.

-Microtransactions allow EA to generate additional revenue to offset that additional cost without jacking up the price of the game itself.

-Microtransactions allow the consumer to pick and choose which features are worth paying extra for.

-The alternative to the above is for EA to generate additional revenue by increasing the retail price of the game itself.

I wonder how the people complaining about EA trying to "rape us" thru microtransactions would react to a Madden that retailed for $70.00 or more?
In-f'in-credible....

A post that makes all kinds of sense. All of you 16 year olds who think "the man" (EA in this case) is out to get you by charging you for alternate jerseys take heed and read coogrfan's words of wisdom.

Funny how EA sells more and more copies of Madden each year and their profit margin increases with it even with all of the complainers. You think this happens by sheer coincidence or the fact that they make smart business decisions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #36
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
If there going to charge for something it needs to be something "special" not something that is actually part of the NFL.

Comparing it to gamer pics and themes on XBMP is rediculous. Alternate unis are part of the NFL by default.

ONLY usis that should be charged for are unis not actually used by NFL teams. There the ones who came up with the slogan " if its in the game, its in the game " not us.

The people that are actaully actually gung ho for EA to rape us as much as possible I just dont get. Are you really this brainwashed that you cant see how ANTI-CONSUMER something like this is ?

And incase you guys forgot. You are consumers. Not EA execs.
Who makes up the marketplace rules here? Who defines what is special and what isn't? Alternate jerserys are a nice to have for me and certainly not needed for me to enjoy this game.

The only ridiculous thing I see is how frequently misspelled that word is on a consistent basis.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
In-f'in-credible....

A post that makes all kinds of sense. All of you 16 year olds who think "the man" (EA in this case) is out to get you by charging you for alternate jerseys take heed and read coogrfan's words of wisdom.

Funny how EA sells more and more copies of Madden each year and their profit margin increases with it even with all of the complainers. You think this happens by sheer coincidence or the fact that they make smart business decisions?
We can only hope they take the MILLIONS sure to be made from alternate jersey sales and put it towards actually giving a roster update on time and fixing things such as fatigue!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #38
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
We can only hope they take the MILLIONS sure to be made from alternate jersey sales and put it towards actually giving a roster update on time and fixing things such as fatigue!
If you don't buy the game you'll have nothing to complain about. There's nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing your right to an NFL video football game, let alone one with rosters updated three weeks after release.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
If you don't buy the game you'll have nothing to complain about. There's nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing your right to an NFL video football game, let alone one with rosters updated three weeks after release.
You're actually DEFENDING EA on this? Hahahahahahahaha.
Yes I am entitled to it, when they tell us we are getting a roster update on the 5th, yeah, I kinda expect it on the 5th.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:19 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
when they tell us we are getting a roster update on the 5th, yeah, I kinda expect it on the 5th.
Where did EA say this? I'm just curious because I haven't seen anything from them saying the roster update would be out on the 5th. I've just seen internet speculation regarding that date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »