Home

I am done with Madden..

This is a discussion on I am done with Madden.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #33
PurpleRibbons

OVR:
Re: I am done with Madden..

i was very dissappointed also. Havent touched it since release date. Wont even play it if i cant have correct rosters....espcially since i use the Broncos (no Mike Bell). NCAA killed Madden this year....even though NCAA on 360 was stripped also. I'm still happily playing NCAA

Old 09-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #34
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
When I see someone making out like a swaggering messageboard tough guy I think that stems from the fact that he likely has a tiny tiny problem.
I'm just telling the truth. How am I acting like a tough guy? Complaing about INT's is lame. It's apart of the game...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #35
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

To whoever said the current gen version couldnt "hold the jockstrap" of the 360 version....how so? Please elaborate on what the 360 version has that the current gen does NOT have. Graphics are a given....but what else? Gameplay? That would be hard for me to see... i like the 360 gameplay as well, but i wouldnt call it better than current gen...just different. I wanted the 360 version to be better than current gen. But it isnt. The only thing "next gen" about this game(i.e. CANT be done on a PS2/Xbox) is the graphics. In the end, all the BS that WAS included (like shotgun arcade sounds) and all the stuff essential to the game that was left out(player editing) is what has me wondering exactly where the hell this game is heading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #36
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Because this is NEXT GEN....Yes you can fiddle with sliders to make the game play a little better. Most of what I'm complaining about isn't total gameplay. I don't care what anybody says. There are too many fumbles and interceptions. And NO I'm not throwing them the computer is. I fumble all the time as does the computer and that's a big problem for me. I'm not going to get into it because I started the thread and said what I had to say. But I will say they are calling this next gen. We pay for so called next gen game almost 20.00 more and to be honest I don't think it is. Give me smooth annimations and gameplay over graphics anyday. In fact I am getting rid on my 360 because either the 360 or Ps3 can show me TRUE next gen I will not buy it.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:38 PM   #37
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Alot of great posts in this thread. I echo alot of the sentiments the frustrated Madden gamers in this thread are stating. I'm also going to say that as time goes on, this same frustration will be felt by more and more people. The lack of depth to the game and major holes in the gameplay will wear on people, and it will happen at different times for different people.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #38
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Madden has some flaws, but people get waaaaay carried away. Our society it seems, to me at least, loves to hate the big name. Be it a video game, a movie, a band, whatever. We love to root for the small guy.

For as much love 2K5 gets around here, there were a ton of annoying things in that game.

In the end, both Madden and 2K5 are video games....not a real life simulation on the NFL. Either you enjoy it or you don't, play it or you don't, then move on.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Because this is NEXT GEN....Yes you can fiddle with sliders to make the game play a little better. Most of what I'm complaining about isn't total gameplay. I don't care what anybody says. There are too many fumbles and interceptions. And NO I'm not throwing them the computer is. I fumble all the time as does the computer and that's a big problem for me. I'm not going to get into it because I started the thread and said what I had to say. But I will say they are calling this next gen. We pay for so called next gen game almost 20.00 more and to be honest I don't think it is. Give me smooth annimations and gameplay over graphics anyday. In fact I am getting rid on my 360 because either the 360 or Ps3 can show me TRUE next gen I will not buy it.
3 weeks ago TIm, I would have agreed with you 100% but since the slider Guru Playmaker has tweaked the sliders in my opinon the game plays pretty good. I played with his latest All-Pro version and all I had was 1-int and 1-fumble, just thought you might want to give these a try. PEACE!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #40
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I wish EA would take the time to learn how football is played and code some decent A.I. I'm tired of feeling cheated in this game. The computer hardly ever sustains drives for a score and it seems that the only time they do score is right after I do.

EA, if you're reading this, please hire people that have actually seen a football game to work on your flagship title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »