Home

Injuries finally

This is a discussion on Injuries finally within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2006, 10:20 AM   #9
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Injuries finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
If your on Xbox you have to turn preexisting injuries off before you start the franchise or the injuries don't work.
Is this for the 360, too? I'm confused...why would pre-existing injuries have any effect at all on future injuries?
Old 09-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Is this for the 360, too? I'm confused...why would pre-existing injuries have any effect at all on future injuries?
It's only on Xbox. For some reason if you edit the rosters (possibly something to do with players on the injured reserve being moved) it will say the players are injured that get injured, but they still play during simulation and while playing the game. That's if you leave the pre-existing injuries on, but if you turn it off then the injuries will work like they're supposed to.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 09-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #11
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
If your on Xbox you have to turn preexisting injuries off before you start the franchise or the injuries don't work.
Well said. That is what i was trying to point out lol. I did uncheck that before the second year and got an injury the next game out. I did not word it very well, sorry if i confused. I am on the 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants2003
Well said. That is what i was trying to point out lol. I did uncheck that before the second year and got an injury the next game out. I did not word it very well, sorry if i confused. I am on the 360
So you can turn this off/on on the 360? And is it possible to turn it off/on once you've strarted a franchise?

And the gates appear to be opening, 1 season and only the "will return soon" type of injury. Nothing longer than a few plays.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:58 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

I barley see injuries in madden for the 360, and if I do it's for a very short time, but this will be most likley fixed when the faigue patch come out some time this year.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
I barley see injuries in madden for the 360, and if I do it's for a very short time, but this will be most likley fixed when the faigue patch come out some time this year.
We can only hope. Wouldn't it be great if the patch brings an injury slider as well?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:12 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

How hard can this possibly be? Injuries are a calculable statistic, like an injury occurs every 15 plays. And then every 8th injury is a serious one and every 10th serious injury is a season ender and every 50th season ending injury is a career ending injury

Here's an example using the numbers above:
On the 15th play, player A tweaks his ankle.
On the 120th play, player B breaks a finger.
On the 1,200th play, player C suffers a fractured leg.
On the 60,000th play, player D suffers a career ending concussion.

Sure, there are other factors like turf condition or fatigue but there's a base to work with. You could even calculate how many days the average serious injury requires to recover like a broken finger takes requires an average of 4 weeks to heal. Use a bell curve and every now and then a broken finger will require 7 weeks or 2 weeks. Wow I just created what sports games have failed to do albeit my numbers are inaccurate since I was just making them up and I'm not getting paid to figure out those numbers. I'm sure the numbers are available from a real source like Elias since Elias tracks every imaginable stat.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »