Home

Wonder if it will still be possible for me to get all 141 HOFers?

This is a discussion on Wonder if it will still be possible for me to get all 141 HOFers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Wonder if it will still be possible for me to get all 141 HOFers?

Throughout the process of testing different things to figure out how I need to setup my difficulty sliders, coaching schemes, and all the other stuff I have ended up unlocking 10 achievements; Mini Games, Level 2, Level 10, Import Draft Class, Game Record INTs, Season Record Receiving Yards, Season Record Pass Yards, Season Record Pass TD, Game Record Pass TD, and Season Record INTs. But after getting all the different settings throughout all the different modes figured out to how I need to set them, I deleted all my files so I could start over. Of course you know you can't delete achievements, so now when I do something that would normally unlock one of the achievements I have already unlocked previously it's not going to register, so therefore I do not unlock any HOFers at that time. Since I have started over I am back up to Level 5, 4 hours 2 minutes, 39% Mini Games, and 3% Overall Progress, but I only have unlocked 9 players. Before at this time I had around 27 of them unlocked or something like that. So like if I was to get all 46 achievements unlocked, but didn't have all of the HOFers unlocked yet, will they still unlock more of the HOFers as I earn Gamer Points by playing games, doing drills etc.?

I could really care less about the achievements to tell the truth, but I hope I can still eventually unlock all of the HOFers. Not that I would probably ever even use them, but it's just fun to unlock everything. It was the same way when I played Madden on PS2 and they had the Madden cards, I never ever used the first one, but I locked trying to earn all of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Wonder if it will still be possible for me to get all 141 HOFers?

Just take control of all 32 teams and start simming seasons youll be up to level 20 in like 30 minutes.
WASHINGTONWIZARDS
MICHIGANWOLVERINES
Old 09-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Wonder if it will still be possible for me to get all 141 HOFers?

Yeah, I know that, and I am controlling all 32 teams just so the CPU doesn't do any stupid trades or FA pick ups. And i'm not worried about getting my Gamer Level up, I know that will continue to raise. It's just that since I deleted everything and started over, now when I reach the levels I was at before or when I do something that should unlock an achievement, since those achievements had previously been unlocked (and achievements are tied to your Gamer Tag, not the actual games themselves) then of course it doesn't pop up and say one has been unlocked, so therefore no HOFers get unlocked at that moment. So like this time around when I did get to Level 2, it did not register as being done in the game itself and I didn't get any new players, or like when I entered the mini drill section I did not get any new players because that achievment has been unlocked before and did not get my players there either. That's one of the reasons why I wish there was a way to delete achievements and you could unlock them again. Someone on another site told me that the HOFers would still continue to unlock as I earn gamer points though, so as long as that is true it'll be alright.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »