Home

The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week

This is a discussion on The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
Yea I thought the same thing - in fact I might be MORE likely to buy the video strategy guide.

Although, the last time I bought a strategy guide of any kind it was for the original Resident Evil...
My understanding is that these were put together by the guys at VG Sports, are in HD, and clock in at 5-6 mins each.

I'll pass, but I'll admit they sound more interesting than I initially thought they would.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 7

LOL. The Madden guy says himself that the stuff that was available FREE in the past has little value for DLC.

But yet there still going to charge ? Its very hard to support this company. It really is going to be hard for me to buy another EA product in the future.

I cant think of any other scenerio where as a customer I felt as crapped upon as I do with EA.
Minnesota Wild
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #35
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I'll just probably get the Bears uniforms, and maybe some other. And the Bears picture/theme if they ever put that out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #36
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I don't mean to tell you anything. Like Joan of Arc, I'm just the Messenger.

It seemed to me that the implication was that the initial pack will have 1 alternate per team, but they left the door open for additional uni's down the road.

I just refrenced you because I did'nt want to qoute that entire interview.

I highly doubt that they will create any additional unis. It sounds like a line of crap they're feeding us to keep our hopes alive.

1 good question stems from that small interview though. Since he said that the reason why alt unis were'nt availible when released was because they were'nt ready, what happens in Madden 08 when they're already created? Will they include the 07 alt unis or will they drop some lame excuse to sucker us into buying them again? Heck, same goes for stadiums. Since they claim they are currently being made, will we have to buy them again come next year?

Why dont they just spit out the truth? Tell us that they just want to get more money out of the consumers.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Why dont they just spit out the truth? Tell us that they just want to get more money out of the consumers.
And is there something wrong with that? What company DOESN'T want to get more money out of their consumers?

You guys keep referring to this downloadable content stuff like it's a bad thing. Yeah, it may suck that we have to pay for it, but Jesus Christ, these companies exist to make MONEY!

BTW - They aren't the only company utilizing the Marketplace. Nobody is getting all pissy with the folks who brought us Pac-Man on the Marketplace, which we had to pay for. Hell, I can play Pac-Man for free online from a NUMBER of websites. Where's the outcry there?

Some of you guys would last 2 days as a CEO of one of these companies, the way you think. Why the hell SHOULDN'T EA charge for this stuff? People will pay for it! It's easy money!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:11 PM   #38
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

300 points a peace? dang thats pretty crazy...I mean with the patch I plan on finally putting this game back in and playing..Im just not sure if I can pay 2.50 for each extra stadium. Thats freakin crazy
Old 10-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #39
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

Color me unimpressed by the whole fiasco.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
I just refrenced you because I did'nt want to qoute that entire interview.

I highly doubt that they will create any additional unis. It sounds like a line of crap they're feeding us to keep our hopes alive.
It's possible. Otoh, people were saying the same thing as recently as yesterday about the fatigue patch. Who knows?

Quote:
1 good question stems from that small interview though. Since he said that the reason why alt unis were'nt availible when released was because they were'nt ready, what happens in Madden 08 when they're already created? Will they include the 07 alt unis or will they drop some lame excuse to sucker us into buying them again? Heck, same goes for stadiums. Since they claim they are currently being made, will we have to buy them again come next year?

That's a really good point. It would explain why we're only getting one confirmed alternate per team, EA wants to parcel them out a few at a time over the next few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »