Home

The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week

This is a discussion on The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #41
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
And is there something wrong with that? What company DOESN'T want to get more money out of their consumers?

You guys keep referring to this downloadable content stuff like it's a bad thing. Yeah, it may suck that we have to pay for it, but Jesus Christ, these companies exist to make MONEY!

BTW - They aren't the only company utilizing the Marketplace. Nobody is getting all pissy with the folks who brought us Pac-Man on the Marketplace, which we had to pay for. Hell, I can play Pac-Man for free online from a NUMBER of websites. Where's the outcry there?

Some of you guys would last 2 days as a CEO of one of these companies, the way you think. Why the hell SHOULDN'T EA charge for this stuff? People will pay for it! It's easy money!
That's the point, we're not the CEO's were the consumers. We're not trying to make money, we're trying to save money. It's not our job as consumers to empathize with these corporations. Give me a break!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
That's the point, we're not the CEO's were the consumers. We're not trying to make money, we're trying to save money. It's not our job as consumers to empathize with these corporations. Give me a break!
No, you give ME a break. You're telling me that because you're not a CEO, you can't understand why a company wants to make more money? Listen to yourself. There comes a point in time where you must review the point you are trying to make and determine whether or not it's even correct.

You're upset because they're charging for stadiums and uniforms. So am I. But I can understand why they're doing it. You, for some reason, cannot. How warm is it, living in that bubble of yours?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #43
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
You hit the nail right on the head.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #44
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
No, you give ME a break. You're telling me that because you're not a CEO, you can't understand why a company wants to make more money?
I don't think any of us are saying we don't understand why they're doing this. We're simply saying we don't think it's right. It is our right as consumers of the product to voice our displeasure.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #45
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
No, you give ME a break. You're telling me that because you're not a CEO, you can't understand why a company wants to make more money?
Give it up TJ. People simply just either don't want to or won't understand.

Let them open their own business's and find out for themselves. If you don't adapt and come up with new ideas then you are doomed to fail.

Simple as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #46
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Of course I understand... that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. As a consumer, I feel like I'm getting jobbed. Is it so hard for you to understand why people (consumers) are so up in arms about the whole D/L issue? Your stance is so pro-big business it isn't even funny.

I guess you added that "living in a bubble" part afterwards... but no, I don't live in a bubble. I understand the whole idea about why EA and other companies do it.... but why act so suprised when people are against it.

Last edited by nxt; 10-04-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #47
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
And is there something wrong with that? What company DOESN'T want to get more money out of their consumers?

You guys keep referring to this downloadable content stuff like it's a bad thing. Yeah, it may suck that we have to pay for it, but Jesus Christ, these companies exist to make MONEY!

BTW - They aren't the only company utilizing the Marketplace. Nobody is getting all pissy with the folks who brought us Pac-Man on the Marketplace, which we had to pay for. Hell, I can play Pac-Man for free online from a NUMBER of websites. Where's the outcry there?

Some of you guys would last 2 days as a CEO of one of these companies, the way you think. Why the hell SHOULDN'T EA charge for this stuff? People will pay for it! It's easy money!
I agree but mostly everyone thinks from one side, the consumer point view. Even though I don't like it because who likes paying more money but it's pure genius from the business perspective. That's why I don't really get pissed. All companies goal is to make money first as long as it is acceptable. This is acceptable.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #48
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Of course I understand... that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. As a consumer, I feel like I'm getting jobbed. Is it so hard for you to understand why people (consumers) are so up in arms about the whole D/L issue? Your stance is so pro-big business it isn't even funny.
It's not pro-big business, it's pro-business as a whole.

The only reason this is an issue is because you used to get current-gen items for free.

They saw an opportunity (that I'm sure MS proposed to them in the first place) and jumped on it.

I can guarantee you that if you knew how much money auto makers made on each car they sold or oil companies for that matter you'd be a little more upset. It's a video game for crying out loud. You have a choice in the whole matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »