Home

IGN Interview about Madden on Marketplace

This is a discussion on IGN Interview about Madden on Marketplace within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #25
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: IGN Interview about Madden on Marketplace

Xbox Live Market Place is a gift and a curse. Some things are worth paying for like things that they didn't have enough time to get in, but this also gives EA the power to charge people for stuff that should already be in the game. I for one will not pay a penny for an extra jersey that has been in the games for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

As bent as some of you are about this--wait until next year when you will be charged for roster updates. Ain't gonna be pretty folks.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
"The development teams have started to look at supporting the premium content market on the Xbox 360, and frankly, I think people are hungry for it. "

im hungry for the goods. but not starving. content that was free for years, now being charged for on a better system because of "extra costs of production"... cutting into poor EA's 5 billion dollar profit reveune.. boo hoo.

i find it quite pathetic for a company of their size to be the leader in this movement
Blame Microsoft.. They created the marketplace for one sole purpose..To nickel & dime gamers to death..Everyone that heard J allard talk about in 05, knew what to expect..He made it clear YOU would be PAYING for clothe, weapons, levels, etc.. I love to bash EA, but I defend them here..They are just using the tools MS has given them..& expect some freebies thrown in to calm down irate gamers.. & ppl, Alt jeresys were free this gen..Who said they would always be free..Yes, I think it's lame that Alt jerseys aren't in the game..You are paying 60.00 bucks..Again, speak with your money..If this really bothers you don't buy Madden 07 or 08..& don't buy any of the prem down loads they offer..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #28
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

EA VP on the new madden videos

" It's pretty detailed, and it's from the guys who win the Madden tournaments and know how to play the game the best."

LMAO...

thats EXACTLY how i want to play the game.... cheddar
Old 10-05-2006, 12:19 AM   #29
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
EA VP on the new madden videos

" It's pretty detailed, and it's from the guys who win the Madden tournaments and know how to play the game the best."

LMAO...

thats EXACTLY how i want to play the game.... cheddar
A guy who says this kind of BS is in charge of making important decisions about Madden.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:23 AM   #30
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I dont have an issue with EA charging for microtransactions, however with that said.. I will never pay extra for something that has been included with the game for free over the past 10 years for example.

I will absolutely not support this trash. I like Tiger Woods golf, but for some reason the 360 version is only getting 12 courses compared to the 21 on current gen. I wont get the game because I know they will just release the extra 9 courses and charge for them. This is a horrid precedent that is being set and I refuse to pay more for less.

I never, once in my life, imagined I would be buying 400-600 dollar systems to play downgrades of current generation games. Personally I dont care one bit about alt uniforms, but to suggest they require some kind of massive effort to produce is insulting to my intelligence. Many games rehash the same enemies just with diff colors and call them something else to save time. Its called pallete swapping and that is all a uniform is. It could be argued that creating a uniform would be the most simple of all madden "features".

At this point I will not support any EA products that are released as a downgrade to current generation games. The idea that I would need to pay 60 off the shelf, plus another estimated 10-20 bucks just to equal their current gen release is horrendous.

Some may support it and like it, I wont be one of them.
1 word bro...competion. Would EA try anything like this if 2Ksports was still making a high quality football game with all the alternate unis and throwbacks?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:46 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
1 word bro...competion. Would EA try anything like this if 2Ksports was still making a high quality football game with all the alternate unis and throwbacks?
Nope. And finally, the full negative effect of the Madden exclusive license is coming to fruition.

It seems like with each passing day, another reason for me NOT to buy a next-gen system comes along. And once episodic "serial" gaming takes hold, I will probably be done with video games forever...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 01:10 AM   #32
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

That Chip guy came across very arrogant in that interview. Maybe instead of trying to sell add-on jerseys, EA should be looking at getting their next gen Madden game up to snuff and giving us a bug free version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »