Home

Does anyone get frustrated with FGs using the Ravens??

This is a discussion on Does anyone get frustrated with FGs using the Ravens?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Does anyone get frustrated with FGs using the Ravens??

Ok, this is Matt Stover, the 3rd most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. His best range has been 52 yards this year. Dead accurate 45 yards or closer.

Why is it that in Madden 07 for the 360 I can barely make it to the crossbar from the 25 yard line with full power and no wind? Last night, I had a smidgen of full power when I attempted at FG from the 25 yard line and it fell short about 1/2 way into the endzone. This happens regularly. At full kicking power I can only get a sure kick through the uprights from about the 20 yard line. Matt Stover can surely kick it with much more leg that this game rates him to be.

This is incredibly frustrating while playing online.

( I don't play offline so sliders do not apply. )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Does anyone get frustrated with FGs using the Ravens??

I have the same issue with my Falcons. I created a kicker and now I can make up to 40 yards. Still, this has to be some kind of glitch.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
MVP

I would say a serious glitch, but hey, call me crazy...
Old 10-05-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

have u guys tryed moving the arrow down for a more line drive kick??? I can kick 51 yrders with Ryan Longwell on all Madden, all i do is drop the arrow down for a line drive a bit
Old 10-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
have u guys tryed moving the arrow down for a more line drive kick??? I can kick 51 yrders with Ryan Longwell on all Madden, all i do is drop the arrow down for a line drive a bit
You definately have to move it down. I kicked a 51 yder with Stover. Move the cursor down instead of up or leaving it at default. But don't move it so far down that you kick your lineman in the back or the D has an easy chance for the block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

Yes lowering helps but overall the field goal experience has been awkard at best on Madden 360.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
You definately have to move it down. I kicked a 51 yder with Stover. Move the cursor down instead of up or leaving it at default. But don't move it so far down that you kick your lineman in the back or the D has an easy chance for the block.
I'll try lowering the cursor from the default position but that leaves so much room for error. I should not have to move it high or low from the 20-25 yard line. Oh well, another thing I have to deal with.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #8
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Yes, moving the arrow down for those 45+ yard kicks is absolutely necessary. However, moving it all the way down I think limits the distance as well (from what I can tell), so only move it down a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »