Home

Anyone Annoyed by the Cheap AI at the End of Games?

This is a discussion on Anyone Annoyed by the Cheap AI at the End of Games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone Annoyed by the Cheap AI at the End of Games?

I have experienced EXACLY what you are talking about. I find that once the CPU goes in the hurry up offense, they become impossible to stop, especially if you dont audible and keep running the same defensive play. Even when I do audible though, the CPU still finds a open reciever in .01 seconds after hiking the ball. It also seems in close to the end of game situations that WRs make rediculous plays off of hitch routes(and yes, seems to be those specifically) where the wr makes the catch, the DB dives but the WR turn around and runs 50 yrds for a score.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thank god...at least I am not the only one.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #19
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Finally I'm not the only one who is seeing this.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
On a side note...is it me, or is the replay/challenge system screwy, too? For example, I'll have a play that the refs deem was a fumble. But on the replay, you can clearly see that the QB's arm was coming forward, and therefore by rule it should be an incomplete pass. But after the ref watches the replay, he STILL rules it as a fumble.

I have even seen the "Bert Emmanuel Rule" messed up in this game. Where a WR clearly has the control of the ball, but part of it hits the turf. The ref goes and review it, but still rules it as an incompletion.

Anyone having any better luck with challenges?
Challenges are wack...

I've had a few where the WR is obviously out of bounds but the call goes as a catch before and after the challenge...

Have you started a 'chise with a 'good' team yet?

I'll bet of you played with the Bears (for example) you'd see comparatively little of the 'comeback AI'...

Another factor is the 'Captain Comeback' stat / role thing they incorporated this year...

I think that has added to this a lot...

Believe me, you don't want to play 2 games against Brady and 1 against Favre with the Bills...

This '4th Quarter Comeback' attribute, along with the low rated Bills playing against the mightly Pats makes the CPU go apesh*t when it's not winning handily...
Old 10-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #21
Rookie

pacman - i'm seeing this too. i was the Ravens, and i was up 20-0 with about 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, then the CPU just starts completely owning my cornerbacks with impossible throws and catches while the just stand there and watch. so, 20-7, 2 minute warning, my runninback fumbles on my next possession, they bring it in for a touchdown, but for some reason my receivers don't know how to sprint, so, 20-14 with about 1:40 left in the game, i run the ball 3 times, the call a timeout 3 times, and they get the ball back with 1:30, they score another touchdown, and win 21-20. and if i remember correctly it was like 3rd and goal from the 5 yard line, the did a swing pass out to Reuben Droughns and he completely runs over Ray Lewis for the touchdown. i was not happy, at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. JimmyFly
Challenges are wack...

I've had a few where the WR is obviously out of bounds but the call goes as a catch before and after the challenge...

Have you started a 'chise with a 'good' team yet?

I'll bet of you played with the Bears (for example) you'd see comparatively little of the 'comeback AI'...

Another factor is the 'Captain Comeback' stat / role thing they incorporated this year...

I think that has added to this a lot...

Believe me, you don't want to play 2 games against Brady and 1 against Favre with the Bills...

This '4th Quarter Comeback' attribute, along with the low rated Bills playing against the mightly Pats makes the CPU go apesh*t when it's not winning handily...
The 4th qrt comebacks i see more rarely than the 2 minute arena football moving of the offense at the end of the first half.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #23
Banned

This is just a thought but for you guys seeing the cpu cheat alote on 4th Q comebacks or end of the 2nd half.... try puting the cpu sliders under the default and you will see less cheating... you can really keep the long ball in check if you put the QBA, RBA, & WR under the default mark and put all of the cpu def at 10 for current gen... If you think that idea will make the cpu not be able to move then all you have to do is match your def with their off and they will still be able to move the ball but you will keep the cheating in check. Just try it and you guys that don't belive me will be suprised on the results.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #24
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I notice this happen every once in a while near the end of games, especially if I have been pitching a shutout defensively the whole game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »