Home

Great Game!

This is a discussion on Great Game! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Great Game!

Just had an awesome game. Bills (me) vs Pats (CPU)...I am using a variation of Playmakers' AP sliders, which have really given me a challenge with the Bills so far (4-3 record now.)

This was a defensive battle from the get-go...neither team could do anything against each other, and the one time in the first half that anyone crossed the 50 yard line, Losman overthrew Roscoe Parrish by 10 yards for a pick.

0-0 at the half.

In the third quarter, the Pats put together a great drive after being pinned at their 1 with a great Moorman punt...the drive culminated with a 47 yard jaunt by Dillon for a TD, after he bowled over 3 or 4 of my guys to the end zone.

7-0 Patriots.

The very next drive, I came back and moved the ball toward midfield, and on a crucial 3rd and 10, I hit Parrish close to the left sideline and he broke a tackle, and took it the distance, 63 yards, for the TD.

7-7 End of 3rd.

Defense again in the 4th quarter was stout for both teams, and it wasn't until the Pats got the ball with 2:11 left, on their own 12, after another great Moorman punt that they went to work. They drove down to the Bills 43 yard line, when on a toss play with 1:39 left, Dillon was jacked up by Ryan Denney and coughed up the ball. It was recovered by Aaron Schobel and returned to the Pats 40. A few plays and all of the Pats' timeouts later, the Bills hit a 39 yard FG with :19 to go.

10-7 Bills

Brady threw 3 straight incomplete passes, before being picked off by London Fletcher to end the game.

This was one of the most frustrating, yet fun games I have played on this system (360) yet, and despite what the "haters" say, I am getting some really good football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Great Game!

Good to hear.

The quality of the games has been terrific. I have started 2 new franchises on All-Madden and Heisman for NCAA. I love interchanging between the two games and it has been a blast. I am 2-0 in each franchise (Bears & Irish) & the games have been competitive and more so fun.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree. I am the Browns and am having a tough time on All Pro with the 360 using custom sliders.

I am, though, for the first time getting more defensive games than ever before in a video game. Although some do become high scoring.

But my record has not been good the past two seasons.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Yeah, I am also doing a Dynasty / Chise with NCAA. I go with Buffalo in Madden & Syracuse in NCAA. It has been really fun doing that, it keeps each game fresh, and I don't get bored with one game.

I also created about 10 of my friends and placed them on random teams in NCAA, with various classes, so I am looking forward to see how they do over the course of the year, and see where they go in the draft.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePebble19
This was one of the most frustrating, yet fun games I have played on this system (360) yet, and despite what the "haters" say, I am getting some really good football.
I agree. I am enjoying this game very much as well.

Good game BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »