Home

Madden PS3 Footage

This is a discussion on Madden PS3 Footage within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden PS3 Footage

Well it's not going to be a bad playing game. I'm really liking the 360 one alot although there is alot of room for improvement. Lots. But this will be that game cleaned up in some spots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

For info, Gamespot has posted a updated Hands-On for PS3 version.

They says that it's very close to the Xbox360 version, with gang tackling added and graphics more polished.

Nothing to be very excited for...
Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

EA's definition of gang-tackling:

Your offensive player hits an invisible barrier when approached by a defender, which sends you 5 yards back. Another defender will then lay on top of you.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #28
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I didn't expect PS3 Madden to look better, but I do remember how XBOX NFL 2K5 was better than the PS2 version. Better, more detailed graphics on the XBOX, the ability to import music into your stadium, and actual video highlights as well. So it's not unprecendeted or completely out of the realm to believe it could be better. But I would doubt that the first Madden on a NEW system would be better than a Madden that came out on the 360 a couple months prior.
NFL2K5 looked better because the XBox had a much better graphic card and more power. As far as the music and video highlights, they were able to do that because the XBox came with a hard drive and the PS2 had it as an add-on that no one bought.

The PS3 and XBox360 will be very similar from a hardware standpoint. Different parts, but same results. The only difference I see is with the controller. One has motion sensors and one does not.

I really do hope the PS3 is much better because I want to justify (to myself) buying the system and selling my 360. MLB The Show will play a big factor into my decision as well
Old 10-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph

They says that it's very close to the Xbox360 version, with gang tackling added and graphics more polished.

Depends on how they implemented the gang tackling.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7

pffft...

I knew the PS3 version would be the same as 360.

BUT, we still have the Wii version!! I already have that paid for and it looks to be a lot of fun!

Nevertheless, I still hate EA.

Why do I keep giving those bastards my money? LOL!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph

I want to see this "physics based gang tackling" that was mentioned in the gamespot preview. Because from what we have seen in that other video, the tackling looks identical to the 360 version. I know they put in work with the cut scenes and while they look good, I just find them to be a hindrance to defensive gaming because in two player games you are forced to watch it if the player on offense desires for you to do so. Then you can't get on to what is important, namely setting up your defense. The cut scenes do look good (even though they may or may not match what happens directly afterwards), but I think they should have it to where the person on D doesn't have to watch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I want to see this "physics based gang tackling" that was mentioned in the gamespot preview. Because from what we have seen in that other video, the tackling looks identical to the 360 version. I know they put in work with the cut scenes and while they look good, I just find them to be a hindrance to defensive gaming because in two player games you are forced to watch it if the player on offense desires for you to do so. Then you can't get on to what is important, namely setting up your defense. The cut scenes do look good (even though they may or may not match what happens directly afterwards), but I think they should have it to where the person on D doesn't have to watch it.
I agree with you on this one, also. Is there not Fatigue in this game too. Maybe I don't no where to look but I never saw the bars in the Video

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »