Home

Madden PS3 Footage

This is a discussion on Madden PS3 Footage within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden PS3 Footage

I'm pretty sure of the answer--but what the heck, here it goes: Can you edit players in the PS3 version?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

-From Gamespot

Quote:
Okay, let's get this out of the way: If you're expecting the PlayStation 3 version of Madden NFL 07 to completely reinvent the way you look at football games, or if you expect it to be something dramatically different from, say, the Xbox 360 version of the game, then you are in for a letdown. According to producers of the game, whom we spoke to during a recent EA PS3 developer meet-and-greet, the PS3 version of Madden 07 isn't even necessarily aimed at folks who already own 360 version of the game. Instead, the company hopes that the legions of PlayStation fans who have been patiently holding out for the third iteration of their favorite console are the ones that snap up the PS3 debut of EA's premiere sports franchise.

As we discovered when playing the game tonight, everything that's found in the Xbox 360 version of the game is present and accounted for in the PS3 game, including important 2006 additions such as the lead blocker controls, as well as the revamped superstar feature and all of its position-specific camera angles and controls. So what's different, then? The biggest difference, as you might expect, can be found in the controls of the game. Madden NFL 07 is making use of the tilt functionality in the PS3's Sixaxis controller in a number of ways. The most obvious implementation, and the one we used the most during our time with the demo, was the fake snap. Before hiking the ball, you simply jerk the control backwards or forwards, and the screen will briefly pull back. Time it right and you can catch the other team offsides.

Other functionality for the tilt controller includes lead blocking controls when on offense and jumping the snap and hit stick controls when on defense. You control all of them the same way, by quickly jerking the controller up or down. It's a bit of a shame that there isn't more variety to the maneuvers you can pull off using the tilt controls--placekicking seems like an obvious choice, for example. The development team behind Madden 07 says they are considering new uses for the Sixaxis controller for future versions of the series, trying to find the sweet spot where the tilt controls add to the gameplay, as opposed to it merely being a gimmick.

Though new controls and all the same content as the 360 game, the PS3 version of Madden will have a few graphical treats in store for fans as well. Little things, such as new transitions during walk-ups and in between plays, as well as improved grass textures are couple of examples.

Physics-based gang tackles are an important addition as well--if a ball-carrier is hit low, his body will turn one way; when he's hit by a second defender high, he will buckle in an entirely new direction.

This section tells me one thing, gang tackling isn't in the game, its not end-user, only precanned animations.

It's subtle but important addition, especially for the outspoken hardcore Madden contingent who lives and breathes by those kind of true-to-Sunday details.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #35
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
Or just not have cut-scenes at all. One thing I really like about NBA 2k7 is how they did away with stocked cut scenes and now everything just animates on the court (or field in the case of football). The camera just kind of zoom in a bit on what's happening, instead of cut scene.
I actually like the cut scenes, I just wish there were more of them. I also wish they were more real looking...I don't like seeing this MASSIVE closeup of a defender's face. Make it look more TV style presentation. I wish we weren't looking UP at the coach's on the sideline sometimes...the placement of the camera is weird. Like when after a play, the player will walk right up to the camera as if a camera-man were on the field during/after the play. It just looks weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #36
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Yep, that's the EXACT same game. There is no difference at all.

I agree 1000%%%%
Old 10-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #37
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe it's me, but I saw something a little different. If you go back and look at the Grossman to Muhammad deep play action pass near the end of the movie, I noticed a lineman #69 doubles back around to protect Rex. I haven't seen that on the 360 version before. Also, if any form of gang tackling is in this game, that right there is an improvement. But I'm gonna be pissed if the PS3 version has these things in it and the 360 version doesn't. Even more if EA tries to sell me a patch thru XBL that will add these things to the game.

Last edited by drae2; 10-19-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #38
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Talking Re: Madden PS3 Footage

Yes, this is what the 360 crowd can expect for Madden 2008 – more polished for sure. I hope they include offensive line shifts this time around!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #39
Rookie

modog123's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
Yes, this is what the 360 crowd can expect for Madden 2008 – more polished for sure. I hope they include offensive line shifts this time around!
Offensive line shifts are in the 360 version... you push LB and up on the D-pad for spread, down for pinch, or left or right... or am I not understanding what you are saying?

Edit: Sorry... misread. I was thinking Defensive line.

Tessie - Dropkick Murphys

Last edited by modog123; 10-19-2006 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Oops.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

I didn't see any gang tackles in that video -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »