Home

Madden PS3 Features on IGN

This is a discussion on Madden PS3 Features on IGN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Madden PS3 Features on IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
So they had to wait for Final dev kits to work on the game?
I would think they were able to work on game with each level of the kit they had.
The inference in all the previous post tried too make it sound like they had the same amount of time with 360 dev kits(the final from last year) and tried to put them on equal ground which isn't true and yes, its all about implentation from the start of the process.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Will Madden 08 for 360 have gang-tackling? Or will EA say the 360 doesn't have the technical capabilities to handle it?

If 360 will never have gang-tackling, i'm trading in my 360 for a PS3.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #19
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
now i've bought and enjoyed madden for 360 and i'm not knockin the PS3 version for havin gang tackling because progression is always a plus, but if the PS3 can get gang tackling after 3 extra months of dev. time when us 360 users been asking for this since last year, then i'm completely done with EA Sports.
Never been any love from EA to XBOX..... and now the 360...bout done with them myself, until the product improves....
Old 10-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #20
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I dunno guys..I am going to hold off until its official that gang tackling isn't in the game. I just returned home and read the ign article and it seems as if there is gang tackling. Maybe that clip which was posted is from an old build. I doubt it but I still have hope because I can't see EA just FLAT OUT LYING like that. That is just to much to put out there with no true results to back yourself up.

We will find out 8:00 P.M EST TONIGHT!
Well then IGN would have to be lying to, because they said they played a near-final version WITH game tackling (read their Mark Brunell reference).

This isn't directed at you djordan, but I'm betting those people who still aren't believing that gang tackling is in dont WANT to believe it... maybe because they already own the 360 version...?

If Ortiz says it's in AND IGN confirms it, then I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that it will be there.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #21
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Well then IGN would have to be lying to, because they said they played a near-final version WITH game tackling (read their Mark Brunell reference).

This isn't directed at you djordan, but I'm betting those people who still aren't believing that gang tackling is in dont WANT to believe it... maybe because they already own the 360 version...?

If Ortiz says it's in AND IGN confirms it, then I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that it will be there.
And again, if this is true, there is no *$#@$# excuse for EA to have not put it in the 360 version, which goes to show the bias that EA has with Sony.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
And again, if this is true, there is no *$#@$# excuse for EA to have not put it in the 360 version, which goes to show the bias that EA has with Sony.
Maybe they didn't have enough time...You have to remember that they wrap up testing around june-july for XBOX 360. Damn you think they stop everything on release day?...lol

It doesn't work like that. Extra dev time will do more good. Most likely whatever is in the PS3 version will be in XBOX 360 version of Madden 2008 +more.

Chill out.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #23
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Maybe they didn't have enough time...You have to remember that they wrap up testing around june-july for XBOX 360. Damn you think they stop everything on release day?...lol

It doesn't work like that. Extra dev time will do more good. Most likely whatever is in the PS3 version will be in XBOX 360 version of Madden 2008 +more.

Chill out.

Bull. They already had a game to build upon from last year. This game for the PS3 is their first effort. And from what eveyone knows, it's been stated that it's easier to program on the 360 than it is on the PS3. So if they didn't put it in the 360, then it was by choice. That's why I hope TT does come out with a game, generic or not.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Bull. They already had a game to build upon from last year. This game for the PS3 is their first effort. And from what eveyone knows, it's been stated that it's easier to program on the 360 than it is on the PS3. So if they didn't put it in the 360, then it was by choice. That's why I hope TT does come out with a game, generic or not.
LOLOL..So you actually think EA wrote a entire new code just for the PS3 version?

You must be dreaming.

Im 100% sure they ported some of the 360 code over to PS3 code and from their dwelled into the PS3 capabilities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »