Home

Position change question (360)

This is a discussion on Position change question (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Position change question (360)

This is a question that's always been on my mind since EA decided to take out the ability to edit a player's position in the 360 version, but I'm finally at a point where it's relevant to my franchise. I'm getting ready to start the second year of my Niners franchise soon, and made the decision to change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. Doing that, I also made the decision to make Manny Lawson my number one linebacker and put him alongside Derek Smith as the two middle linebackers.

My question is this: Since Lawson's default position in the game is a ROLB and I'm moving him to to MLB via depth charts, will he be eligible for the Pro Bowl and Postseason awards at MLB, or will the game see it as a ROLB playing out of position and not even take his stats into account at all for either one?

I wish they would have at least kept the ability to change positions in, even if it was just in the preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Position change question (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsv771
This is a question that's always been on my mind since EA decided to take out the ability to edit a player's position in the 360 version, but I'm finally at a point where it's relevant to my franchise. I'm getting ready to start the second year of my Niners franchise soon, and made the decision to change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. Doing that, I also made the decision to make Manny Lawson my number one linebacker and put him alongside Derek Smith as the two middle linebackers.

My question is this: Since Lawson's default position in the game is a ROLB and I'm moving him to to MLB via depth charts, will he be eligible for the Pro Bowl and Postseason awards at MLB, or will the game see it as a ROLB playing out of position and not even take his stats into account at all for either one?

I wish they would have at least kept the ability to change positions in, even if it was just in the preseason.
He will only be considered for his natural position, as has always been the case with every Madden game ever launched. It is rather stupid, at this point in technology any way, that the game cannot track how many games player X played at position Y, and base the awards and pro bowls on that.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Position change question (360)

Yeah, I agree...There are a few people, like Coy Wire, that I would like to move to OLB for some depth...I just wish they would have left this in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »