Home

The Graphics Are Too Good Not to Have TV Style Presentation

This is a discussion on The Graphics Are Too Good Not to Have TV Style Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Graphics Are Too Good Not to Have TV Style Presentation

You know, I was really enjoying 07 on the 360 until I popped in NFL 2K5 for Xbox again. Now, I'm liking it much better. I've discovered that for me,

Great Gameplay + Great Xbox Graphics + Great Presentation

is better than

Great Gameplay + Great Xbox 360 Graphics + Crummy Presentation
Old 10-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
You know, I was really enjoying 07 on the 360 until I popped in NFL 2K5 for Xbox again. Now, I'm liking it much better. I've discovered that for me,

Great Gameplay + Great Xbox Graphics + Great Presentation

is better than

Great Gameplay + Great Xbox 360 Graphics + Crummy Presentation
Yea I mean seriously, updated graphics do not out way the amazing presentation of 2K5 for me. I still play it regularly. Not hating on Madden, but it is extremely bland except for fairly good gameplay.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

just look at NBA2k7 for the 360, thats what you call a company trying to give the fans what they want. The game looks very real, and the the cutscenes are all done in realtime. Yet EA still wont explain the lack of presentation, commentary, and player editing. I just want some answers on why they overlook this stuff when everyone wants it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah up-close the graphics look good, but let's not kid ourselves, when the camera is zoomed-out this game doesn't look that gr-8. Jaggied facemask are in next-gen is unacceptable.. BTW let's not forget Player Models which also are a part of GRAPHICS. Again Up-Close they look good, but when zoomed-out MEH.......

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 10-26-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:40 PM   #13
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Whats wrong with the player models...well, I take that back. Some guys are certianly bulky. Charlie Frye is way too big in this game. Some WR's look like TE's or LB's when their back gets that weird hunchback look to it.

LB's look a little TOO chesty with their shoulder pads. I think DB's look great for the most part. So do lineman. Every other position, including special teams like kickers and punters, could use some tweaks.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #14
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Snorefest.....This isnt the 1970's....
Yep, now it's the me, me, me, me generation. Where loyalty and tradition do not exist. Where guys like TO get more media coverage than Iraq. It's where guys went out and did their job without celebrating on very play and self-promoting. It's where the team came first not the individual. Yep, your right it's not the 70's.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Somebody at Tiburon who makes this decision apparently believes that we don't want TV style presentation. I have absolutely no idea why he thinks that, or how he keeps his job for that matter.
Its not someone at Tib believeing we dont want TV stye presentaiton. Its someone at Tib saying "i know they want it, but I dont care. We will sell millions without it so why spend the time and money to do it?".

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank26
just look at NBA2k7 for the 360, thats what you call a company trying to give the fans what they want. The game looks very real, and the the cutscenes are all done in realtime. Yet EA still wont explain the lack of presentation, commentary, and player editing. I just want some answers on why they overlook this stuff when everyone wants it.
Becaue they CAN overlook it, and you will still buy it. And if you stop buying it, they will find two new customers to replace you with. Thats why. If thier financial and marketing experts came back and said "putting TV style presenation in this game would double the sales" then you bet your azz you will see it. But the reality is that they are hitting the numbers of units sold they are wanting to hit without all of that. And if putting it in makes a few thousand OS'ers happy and makes it a "must have" game for them now but thats all its going to generate, then they arent going to do it. Its a business first. All business want to make as much money as they can first and foremost. Its like you paying me 100,000k a year to work 20 hours a week at my job. If you said "well if you work 40 hours a week youll make 110,000 a year" id tell you "nah, im fine just they way things are"

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »