Home

Madden Gang Tackling Pic...Ps3

This is a discussion on Madden Gang Tackling Pic...Ps3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #25
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden Gang Tackling Pic...Ps3

They made us wait for years just to duplicate what 2K was doing???? For our wait, they should give us three, four, and five players trying to bring down the runner. Shame on you EA--at least try to do something that we have not seen before. This is next gen: right? I try to be a positive person, but this whole exclusive deal, and poor effort on behalf of EA has all but killed one of my favorite hobbies--hopefully some day a good company will come along and produce a quality football game. Until then, I will read the posts on this site and wait until the true football fans say that it is safe to purchase another football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #26
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
They made us wait for years just to duplicate what 2K was doing???? For our wait, they should give us three, four, and five players trying to bring down the runner. Shame on you EA--at least try to do something that we have not seen before. This is next gen: right? I try to be a positive person, but this whole exclusive deal, and poor effort on behalf of EA has all but killed one of my favorite hobbies--hopefully some day a good company will come along and produce a quality football game. Until then, I will read the posts on this site and wait until the true football fans say that it is safe to purchase another football game.
I couldn't agree with you more. Football video gaming consumed about 90% of my gaming time, but now I have done a complete 360. I play NBA 2K7 and MLB the Show, while Madden and NCAA are collecting dust.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #27
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I couldn't agree with you more. Football video gaming consumed about 90% of my gaming time, but now I have done a complete 360. I play NBA 2K7 and MLB the Show, while Madden and NCAA are collecting dust.
LOL; I have been playing the same two games as well. I let a friend borrow both Madden and NCAA a while ago, and I could care less if he brings them back. Sad, sad, sad days for this football fan. Maybe one day our passion for the game will be ignited again

Take care
Old 11-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 17

In all honesty, I think football games need to be completely revolutionized with real time physics based collision animations. Motion captured animations no longer hold the interest of gamers more than a few games.

The first day I got the new NCAA and Madden games each year, I was totally excited to play my first few games and with all the new animations added each season, those first few games were really immersive. But then there comes a point a few games later, once the excitement of these new animations wear thin, your left playing a game that simply feels like a carbon copy of each game you've played before that one with just different colored uniforms....Not even the players have a distinctly different feel.

I cant even play Madden or NCAA anymore because each game makes me feel like I am simply playing a reoccurring dream over and over...I keep thinking, "OK here is the animation where my back will just get around this corner but put on tackle breaking stiff arm on the blitzing outside linebacker...I will run 3 -4 more yars and get taken down at the legs by the diagonally pursuing safety!"

"OK here is the inside blitz, this is where either 1 of 2 things may happen, either my QB will pull the ole' duck out of the tackle over the back...or go down hard with the open fisted superman collision tackle knocking flat on my back"
ect ect.

Football games to break free of prescripted predetermined gameplay and completely bring to the table the limitless freedom of skeletal physics animations in which anything can happen at any time....then we will truly have endless replayability that will rival watching the real thing!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #29
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
In all honesty, I think football games need to be completely revolutionized with real time physics based collision animations. Motion captured animations no longer hold the interest of gamers more than a few games.

The first day I got the new NCAA and Madden games each year, I was totally excited to play my first few games and with all the new animations added each season, those first few games were really immersive. But then there comes a point a few games later, once the excitement of these new animations wear thin, your left playing a game that simply feels like a carbon copy of each game you've played before that one with just different colored uniforms....Not even the players have a distinctly different feel.

I cant even play Madden or NCAA anymore because each game makes me feel like I am simply playing a reoccurring dream over and over...I keep thinking, "OK here is the animation where my back will just get around this corner but put on tackle breaking stiff arm on the blitzing outside linebacker...I will run 3 -4 more yars and get taken down at the legs by the diagonally pursuing safety!"

"OK here is the inside blitz, this is where either 1 of 2 things may happen, either my QB will pull the ole' duck out of the tackle over the back...or go down hard with the open fisted superman collision tackle knocking flat on my back"
ect ect.

Football games to break free of prescripted predetermined gameplay and completely bring to the table the limitless freedom of skeletal physics animations in which anything can happen at any time....then we will truly have endless replayability that will rival watching the real thing!
Ain't gonna happen any time soon. At least I don't have to buy a new gaming system!! PS3 isn't going to be quantum leaps better than 360!! Everything you've mentioned would have to be in the PS3 version and NOT the 360 for me to consider switching sides. 2K will fix their baseball title so I don't need the show on console when it is already available for PSP.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:07 AM   #30

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
LOL; I have been playing the same two games as well. I let a friend borrow both Madden and NCAA a while ago, and I could care less if he brings them back. Sad, sad, sad days for this football fan. Maybe one day our passion for the game will be ignited again

Take care
It's all very sad. This game got old so quick. It's really about the lack of depth, and obvious exclusion of essentials that has made me not even want to pick it up. When you think Madden, you just start thinking about how much it lacks and how terribly choppy it is, then I just overlook it.

The only time I play is to play my league game, and our league is almost over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »