Home

The lil things...

This is a discussion on The lil things... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
The lil things...

After Playing NBA2K7 for awhile, I finally loaded this up again..Now Its not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be, Its just the lil things that annoy me...Not going to go into the Uni, Fatigue, Edit players thing again.That has been beaten to death..Some of these probably been on here before, but I haven't checked this forum in awhile so this is pretty much my opinion....I had a LB running step for step with Joey Galloway no way that ever happens..When you call Nickel sometimes your CB lines up with slot guy, sometimes it ends up bein the LB...Had Ron Dayne put his shoulder down & run over Booger McFarland(who had the momentum)...The AI Sometimes seems to know exactly what you call...The PC blitzes 1-2 guys & my O-line blocks like a sieve(sp?) I blitz with 8 and still can't always get there in time...AI never challenges a call against them...LB's & DB's who can knock down waayy too many passes, they tip balls that they shouldn't be able to...Lack of different Camera Angles, Crowd interaction, or lack thereov..Scale of field, you take a 5 step drop and you are too far behind Line...Your O-line will let go of a block for no reason..They also will watch the guy they suppost to block just run right by & watch him sack you...Stop the AI all game, then all of a sudden they act like the 88 Niners & drive right down the field....Lack of ability to change Specific Assignments on Defense..Too many fumbles. You will be fine then you can hit those stretches where you'll fumble on like 3 straight possesions....Lack of penalties/injuries...Even if you pump up the Penalty sliders you don't get but 1-2 per game...And I would like to see those lil injuries that happen throughout the season, Why they take that slider out, I know Madden 06 X-box had it, why take it out for the 360...The AI in the preseason, Its not all that frustrating, but it does get a lil funny to see the starting WR making a 4th quarter TD to win the game..Those guys should be put at the very bottom of the Depth chart after 1st quarter/Half Depending on the game...And finally Franchise needs to have atleast everything Current-gen has.

Now after all that I still like the game, dissapointed Yeah figured 2nd 360 Madden would be much better, but its not like its all that bad that some people may think...They have been many football games that were WAAAYYYY worse than this..Its still fun to play just don't hold me like other madden games have...Its not like there is 1 big thing, its those lil things that sometimes just annoy you..But I also won't complain tooo much cause well atleast they don't have the bug, I forget the name of the game at the moment, but you could run off the screen & appear on the other side for an easy tackle/TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The lil things...

I agree with your entire post - I loved Madden 06 for the PS2, I actually was going to skip this year for Madden or possibly wait for the PS3. Then my PS2 started making funny noises this summer do I decided to get the 360 and NCAA, which I love. Then Madden comes out so I get it on release day and we have all of the issues mentioned above. I waited to start my 'real' franchise until the fatigue issue was 'fixed.' Well I'm at the bowl season (playing as 2 teams) in NCAA and Week 2 in Madden (also playing as 2 teams). I have never, ever been ahead in NCAA after owning Madden for at least a month.
I'm actually considering reading the reviews and impressions of Blitz:The League to see if I might like that. I figure if I'm going to play an arcade style game it might as well be fun. I never thought I would actually consider getting Blitz.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: The lil things...

And from early Impressions, It sounds PS3 is pretty much same game, worse graphics but Gang tackling....Hope EA has a better showing next year, but I know I'm not getting that on launch day, gonna wait for impressions on that before I even think bout gettin it....I don't care who makes a game I just want a enjoyable game that can give some sim aspects & still be enjoyable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »