Home

post patch X360 Madden owners ?

This is a discussion on post patch X360 Madden owners ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
post patch X360 Madden owners ?

Looks like I'll be picking up Madden on the PS3, since FNRD3 has slipped to 12/13/06. I have a few questions

1. Does fatigue work, if so is it only for the game you're playing or for the season?

2. How is the Highlight stick? is it similar to ESPN NFL2K5 i.e. linking moves together?

3. What would you rate it, I've only played Madden on the PSP in the last 3 years and that was this year.

4. Pre-Patch rating score and Post patch rating, if you don't mind.

I'm looking for positive response and contructive critisism, not the Madden ate my lunch crowd.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: post patch X360 Madden owners ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Looks like I'll be picking up Madden on the PS3, since FNRD3 has slipped to 12/13/06. I have a few questions

1. Does fatigue work, if so is it only for the game you're playing or for the season?

2. How is the Highlight stick? is it similar to ESPN NFL2K5 i.e. linking moves together?

3. What would you rate it, I've only played Madden on the PSP in the last 3 years and that was this year.

4. Pre-Patch rating score and Post patch rating, if you don't mind.

I'm looking for positive response and contructive critisism, not the Madden ate my lunch crowd.

Thanks in advance.
1. Fatigue does work but it is very subtle. I don't really think it is cumulative for the season. In game it works to an extent. My RB gets subbed for and once in a while the DL. It really seems tied in to how many plays and quarter length. It is an enhancement, and I don't mind it but some seem to have been disappointed.

2. The highlight stick is pretty good I think. I don't believe it links moves together so much as it selects the best move for the situation. I employ more of a power running game and am more concerned with covering up the ball on impact, so I am not the best authority here.

3. I might get flamed but this is my favorite Madden out of all I have played. I really like the depth, the fact the game saves box scores for previous games, and generally the overall feel of the gameplay. Important note* I quit playing Madden several years ago. I have purchased every version annually, but could not get into them. I preferred the 2k series, and this years version on the 360 really reminds me of them. The graphics are good and the gameplay isn't stale to me like the older Madden versions. It's not perfect, but I am really enjoying it. Last year's offering on the 360 was okay, but I couldn't get into enough to finish a season. I am really enjoying the game this year, and am sure I will finish this season and do the whole off season etc. There are some statistical glitches, and a well documented lack of options, but despite that I fell like the game shines on the field, and is solid.

4. I am not really one for ratings, but I would give the game a two point increase post patch. The patch doesn't make a huge difference, but it is an enhancement IMO. Call it 90 pre patch 92 post patch ( I have no idea where thos numbers came from since I am not really into numerical ratings). Bottom line I think it is a very good football game. There is room for improvement (options, animations etc.) obviously but as is, I like it very much.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: post patch X360 Madden owners ?

1. fatigue works pretty well. I use the saints and bush's level drops after he runs back a kickoff and/or punt a few minutes into the game. Or if you no-huddle the players will tire out pretty quickly. It affects the skill positions moreso because you will use the sprint button controlling them. the less you sprint, the less fatigued they get. Not sure what you mean game or season. I wouldnt want my players more tired as the season progressed starting a new game. thats a bit much.

2. highlight stick is done very well. strong backs power over the dbs while the quick backs spin and juke. the hybrids like LT and Shaun do both.

3. I agree with the above post. The biggest problem I have is the many things omitted from the game such as fantasy draft, all but 3 of the mini drills and editing players. Tons of things missing. However, the gameplay itself is excellent as are the graphics and animations. Being a big football fan, you can really appreciate the specific plays and the integration of strategy for offense and defense that makes football what it is. Its not perfect but certainly does a good job bringing nfl football to a video game.

4. Patched it as soon as i got it if thats the online update. I got the game weeks after it was released. Overall Id give the game a 92 or so if i had to rate it. Not perfect b/c lots is missing but what's in the game is very good and well worth it to me.

**disk read error is once again a problem just like it always seems to lways be with madden for some reason which pisses me off quite often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »