Home

Official Madden '08 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden '08 Wishlist Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official Madden '08 Wishlist Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Umm..That is the speed burst...lol

you're right, i put to much thought into that. I guess what i was trying to say is that the RB's have too much speed coming off the snap, there is not enough time to find open holes in the line. So we should slow them down a little
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2006, 12:31 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 24

They need to add QB accuracy for short(0-10 yards), medium (10-25) and long(25+). A QB accuracy of"97" should not be that good when throwing deep balls!! Defensive guys should also have a zone coverage rating and and a man-to-man rating. Multiple penalties. on a play. Why someone can be offsides and drill your QB and only get flagged for 5 yard offside is beyond me. That is all for now.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want to see a game that plays realistically. I'm tired of this seemingly Philadelphia offense on every team that passes 70% of the time even when ahead in the 4th. Since EA is making so much money off their license they should buy a simulation engine from some small company and at least look at how football SIMULATIONs are. I'm tired of them calling it a football sim when it is really just an arcade game of football with 11 on 11. I mean if I create a fantasy team with 99s in every position and sim a game against a team that is rated about an 80 how is it that I can lose that game....EVER? I like coach mode and the idea that you have to outthink rather than outtwitch your opponent but the horrendous AI in the game just makes me want to shoot myself. I mean I pick a pass play, the go to receiver is wide open and the QB decides to throw to the RB who is running to the flat where the CB is waiting in a zone? I'm getting so tired of this game that I will NOT buy another copy of Madden until it plays like a real football game. Also make the scouting thing they added for madden 07 optional. I consider the training camp thing kinda cheating since it gives an unfair advantage to the player over the CPU. That being said, I also SUCK at it, I can do well for DBs, WRs, and LBs. But since I can do that I can draft a scrub WR and make him good now couldn't I? Why make it so that I can't get info on that QB that is supposed to be the overall pick, and I don't want to waste it on some guy who is going to play like Eli Manning. I want Peyton! Ugh....sorry guys just frustrated that I can't figure out this game even though I've had it since the day it came out. And every year since the SNES days.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:16 AM   #28
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
I didn't see one for this thread... I'll post my big dream wish for Madden here:

THROW STICK

This is from a post in the forums at how Madden could real make groundbreaking strides with an idea like this one. This would be extremely intuitive for the more-than-casual gamers. I would never ever get bored of this, and would revive a borish passing game I had running since Madden 04, no pun intended. My running game makes up 75% of my plays, and I want that to drop back to normal.

I had an idea... with the whole overhaul and step forward in sports games by assigning the important aspects of each sport to the right thumb stick, I decided football should take a new step forward... ask yourselves what you think about this:

"Throw Stick"

When you are the QB, instead of button pressing (throw to A, B, X, Y, RT reciever etc...) You just push the stick in the direction you want to throw it. For power, you pull back on the stick.

Example...

You pull all the way back on the stick, and then you push the stick forward to the upper right... but not all the way... It will be a Lofty pass that goes deep to the upper right of the field...

Say you pull back not so far, and then push the stick straight forward all the way... It will be a bullet pass over the middle around the first down or a little further.

Not pulling back on the stick, will result in passing that doesn't go more than 10 yards...

If you pull back on the stick but don't push forward... its a fake pass.

So... for a Screen pass... you would just push the right thumb stick to either the immediate left or right.

Also... for guys like Peyton Manning, if you don't push the stick in the perfect direction, its not a big deal... the AI will allow a little error to allow the throw to be a better throw and hit recievers... for worse QB's like Brooks Bollinger, you have to be near perfect to perfect to hit those WR's...

I just feel this would add depth the being the QB, but at the same time, be fun to use, and innovative. In a sense it would be easier once you get used to it... instead of reading which button to throw, and then pressing the button... you are just firing in a direction with a stick...
Or you could just buy a wii. Decent idea though.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #29
Rookie

Realistic body sizes- Trent Green looks like Ray Lewis, Raw Lewis Looks like Bob Sapp. Needs to be fixed

ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN- The license was bought right? Use it already! Sportscenter, Halftime shows, The Blitz, NFL Live.

Coach Mode and Spectator Mode- Lots of Coach guys out there, including myself. Bring it back in. Some games during the franchise I like to watch (rivalry games, game of the week, playoff, and the Super Bowl)

Two Man Commentator- Use the enthusiasm of the radio broadcastor, but make it more TV broadcast style.

Practice Squad & 80 man offseason rosters- Its in the game, why isn't it "in the game"? Allow us to pick up free agents and draft players and see how they fair in the traingin camps before we HAVE to cut them.

Ability to make line adjustments before snap- We see the QB's waving there hands in the air calling out audibles and such, give us the option to call out a certain O-Lineman and and tell him where the Blitz is coming from, etc etc.

These are what i thought were the best suggestions thusfar
Old 11-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #30
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoT99
Realistic body sizes- Trent Green looks like Ray Lewis, Raw Lewis Looks like Bob Sapp. Needs to be fixed

ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN- The license was bought right? Use it already! Sportscenter, Halftime shows, The Blitz, NFL Live.

Coach Mode and Spectator Mode- Lots of Coach guys out there, including myself. Bring it back in. Some games during the franchise I like to watch (rivalry games, game of the week, playoff, and the Super Bowl)

Two Man Commentator- Use the enthusiasm of the radio broadcastor, but make it more TV broadcast style.

Practice Squad & 80 man offseason rosters- Its in the game, why isn't it "in the game"? Allow us to pick up free agents and draft players and see how they fair in the traingin camps before we HAVE to cut them.

Ability to make line adjustments before snap- We see the QB's waving there hands in the air calling out audibles and such, give us the option to call out a certain O-Lineman and and tell him where the Blitz is coming from, etc etc.

These are what i thought were the best suggestions thusfar
Yeah those are great, I would add presentation/celebrations along with the espn license. Most games when you beat them have some sort of ending if only just 20 seconds. I think sports games need it too, reward the player for playing through seasons in franchise. Have superbowl celebration, trophy presentation.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 11-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #31
Rookie

defenitely, i can never stand the madden games long enough to play through 1 entire season, i get so frustrated. But yes, a reward would defenitely be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #32
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

All this game really need is a damn physics system. Man am i tired of these stupid arm tackles, i feel so cheapen when i get hit by a defenders hands

A physic system would at least fix up alot of the tackling problems, and add the right momentum to the players.

Another thing this game needs badly is a damn Presentation. It soo horrible to have such a bland presentation. Something along the lines of what they did for Nlf Coach or what 2k did with thier games would be sooo well appreciated.

The more i play madden, the more the bad things seem to pop up. I want acculmative snow, i want dymanic weather, I want a afternoon to even system. I could of sworn they said that for 06 and 07, yet its not there

And please EA fix your damn challenges. I want to be able to pick what i want to challenge ala 2K5. The challenging in down right stupid. In one of my games, the reciever fumbled, i picked it up and fumbled too, and they got the ball back and got a first down. I challenged but it olny challenged the first fumble. And please add this feature and the day/night feature to the damn online mode.

And where are the sideline catches i was hearing about before the game was released? I have yet to see one. Can anyone even proof there in the game?

Am i the olny one whose tried of playing sun shining games online??? Man 2k5 was able to do it last generation why can't madden whose suppose to be next gen cant seem to get it right?

Doesn't it seem like EA is falling apart in thier old franchises. Nba live sucks, Need for Speed Carbon sucks. Why havn't they re-invented themselves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »