Home

Just had two freeze-ups

This is a discussion on Just had two freeze-ups within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Just had two freeze-ups

I booted up Madden today, an update downloaded, then I downloaded alternate uni's for the AFC West and NFC East.

Then I went to play an exhibition game and it freezed twice within 15 minutes. Granted, I've only had the game for about 2 weeks, but I haven't had any freezes until now. Hopefully it's not some bug with the uniforms or update that just installed.

What are the random updates for anyway?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Just had two freeze-ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I booted up Madden today, an update downloaded, then I downloaded alternate uni's for the AFC West and NFC East.

Then I went to play an exhibition game and it freezed twice within 15 minutes. Granted, I've only had the game for about 2 weeks, but I haven't had any freezes until now. Hopefully it's not some bug with the uniforms or update that just installed.

What are the random updates for anyway?

I too had it freeze today....
Old 12-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
I too had it freeze today....
Did you just download alternate uni's for the first time?

Are freezes pretty common with Madden? Like I said, I just got the 360, but I hadn't had any freezes until today.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #4
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

i had it freeze about 5 times on me. then i removed my hdd and played without all of the saved game info and it still froze. i looked at my disc and the disc has a small deep scratch in the coating and can't be removed by buffing. so since i was jonesing for a football fix, i returned some stuff i bought and didn't need from CC and got a new copy of Madden. i had no problems after that. some guys have posted that the game seems to play and run smoother on newer pressings of the DVD and i have to admit that i have seen a difference in the two - my first copy of the game i got at the midnight release in august and this one obviously is a newer pressing of the game. i don't know what that means but it does make you wonder if there is any degredation to the older pressings due to poor manufacturing, and maybe somehow the new updates on the hdd are bringing these flaws to the fore. i don't know, it just seems too much of a coincidence that this started after dl the uni's and other stuff (i also paid for the 3 classic stadiums, which by the way are beautiful in HD). it just burns my grits to see that two years in a row EA's games are full of flaws and poor manufacturing, (my Madden 06 froze on me too). i really wish they would get their act together.

btw, did i read wrong or are their some teams that were supposed to have alternate uni's that don't? like the ravens don't have one available at the uni selection screen, unless i'm missing something...
pete

Last edited by pistonpete; 12-01-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah i downloaded the new unis today..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

for some strange reason everytime i use the throwback jerseys, by time i get to the loading screen it freezes up but if i play with the regular jerseys the game will work properly for madden i dont have this problem with ncaa. Anyone else with this problem
Old 12-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #7
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem. Everytime i play with a throwback when i hike the ball it moves slow like i got a bad connection online or something. Looks like i can't play with the jersey anyway. DAMN!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

My freeze-ups were at the team select screen, and during maybe the 2nd quarter of an exhibition game. First thing this morning, I deleted them off the hard drive...then I played a franchise game and it worked perfectly. I'm not even going to bother with the jerseys for NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »