Home

Randomizing Imported Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Randomizing Imported Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Randomizing Imported Draft Classes

I went through my 2008 off-season recently with an imported draft class fro NCAA. I took special notice of where my 95 ovr (in NCAA) FS from my Duke team was drafted. He went 1st round, pick 11 to Baltimore.

I completed the whole off-season and proceeded to play the first game of the year....w/o thinking to save. So naturally, my game froze during the game and I had to start over from my last save....before the offseason.

So after a fews days off because of the frustration of losing that progress, I went through the offseason again......again paying special attention to my stud saftey from my Duke dynasty. I watched for him to go in the first round, but didn't see it. Went to the available FS's and didn't see him. Turns out that he just wasn't on the page, because he was ranked as a 6th rounder. He wound up going to Miami (my team) in the 6th round after I simmed following the 4th round.

I also noticed that Calvin Johnson - the blue-chip WR from Georgia Tech went in the 4th round!?!?

Has anyone else noticed that a draft class turns out completely different, and mostly inconsistent, each time you use it???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Randomizing Imported Draft Classes

I don't understand why the attributes of NCAA don't carry over to the NFL in scale (ie a 99 speed is a 99 speed in Madden but a 99 awareness in NCAA may be a 75 in Madden)

Therefore high rated players in college would equate to the NFL with negatives like size negativly effecting draft position against the carry over ratings.

Oh well maybe in 10 years....
Old 12-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
I don't understand why the attributes of NCAA don't carry over to the NFL in scale (ie a 99 speed is a 99 speed in Madden but a 99 awareness in NCAA may be a 75 in Madden)

Therefore high rated players in college would equate to the NFL with negatives like size negativly effecting draft position against the carry over ratings.

Oh well maybe in 10 years....
There should be some randomization of attributes. Not every great college player turns into a great NFL player. I even expect attributes like speed to be scaled down a bit (not much) because it is relative to other players as well. Players are generally faster in the NFL. If the fastest guy in college is a 99 but there are faster guys in the NFL for example then that 99 in NCAA should be more like a 95 in Madden. It does seem from people's comments though that EA has taken this randomization too far.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
There should be some randomization of attributes. Not every great college player turns into a great NFL player. I even expect attributes like speed to be scaled down a bit (not much) because it is relative to other players as well. Players are generally faster in the NFL. If the fastest guy in college is a 99 but there are faster guys in the NFL for example then that 99 in NCAA should be more like a 95 in Madden. It does seem from people's comments though that EA has taken this randomization too far.
I think that this adds ( attributes changing once imported to Madden) some authentisity of realism. A guy that was ahead speed wise in college may be average in the pros. It fascinates me to see good players rated as projected free agents once imported from Madden. What if Madden 07 was like Madden 03? Almost all the players kept most of their normal ratings. It wouldn't be hard at all to win Super Bowl after Super Bowl with highly rated rookies. Frankly it should be luck, not luxury, to get 99 speed rated players. I just drafted Adrian Peterson to the Titans in year 2 of my franchise and may go after Darren McFadden in year 3. I know this sounds crazy but I like all this guys size and ratings. But who knows how Madden will rate him. Hell, Jamal Charles or Ray Rice may be rated better than him.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
I think that this adds ( attributes changing once imported to Madden) some authentisity of realism. A guy that was ahead speed wise in college may be average in the pros. It fascinates me to see good players rated as projected free agents once imported from Madden. What if Madden 07 was like Madden 03? Almost all the players kept most of their normal ratings. It wouldn't be hard at all to win Super Bowl after Super Bowl with highly rated rookies. Frankly it should be luck, not luxury, to get 99 speed rated players. I just drafted Adrian Peterson to the Titans in year 2 of my franchise and may go after Darren McFadden in year 3. I know this sounds crazy but I like all this guys size and ratings. But who knows how Madden will rate him. Hell, Jamal Charles or Ray Rice may be rated better than him.
I'm fine with some randomization on how they turn out.....but to use one draft file once and player who was a 95 ovr in NCAA is rated as a 1st round player.....then use the same exact file and the same player is a 5th or 6th round talent....makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2006, 09:56 PM   #6
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Yep, it is very weird for me too. Took me like 12 different tries to get Calvin Johnson good enough where he'd go in round 1. He went #11 to the Texans.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

well, since we are talkin about importing classes, is it possible for me to take my ncaa 07 classes and put them into my madden PS3 franchise? if so, gimme some steps on how. thanks in advance
Old 12-28-2006, 01:14 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

There was a thread early in the year that talked about the issues with fixing the draft in the 360. There werent alot of solutions but here are a few

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...=1#post2652440

Last edited by feeq14; 12-28-2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: forgot link

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »