Home

franchise rules

This is a discussion on franchise rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
franchise rules

I remember a while back seeing a thread regarding franchise rules to keep people from making super teams and keeping your franchise realistic (ie one f/a signing over 80). I have searched for it with no luck, does anyone know where to find it.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: franchise rules

No, but I control all teams, and keep things fair.

One thing I did was simulte fa signings in training camp. The cpu actually was pretty smart and tried to upgrade in weak areas.

I then went in and signed the appropraite FA's.

Through the season, when injuries occurred, I would IR the appropriate players and then sign suitable replacements (i.e- if a team lost a frontline starter I would sign the best available free agent. If the team lost a back -up, I signed a comparable replacement).

I also tried to give consideration to teams that were winning and had a shot at the playoffs. For example, if the Lions lost their starting Guard in week 10, they wouldn't spend big money on a replacement.

As the season ends and the offseason approaches, I am going to try to be as fair and realistic as I can. I will try to address each teams needs, and consider making trades, that might help clubs rebuilding.

While this is time consuming, it is actually pretty fun. The cool thing about controlling all the teams is you can jump in and out of control as you please.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: franchise rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
No, but I control all teams, and keep things fair.

One thing I did was simulte fa signings in training camp. The cpu actually was pretty smart and tried to upgrade in weak areas.

I then went in and signed the appropraite FA's.

Through the season, when injuries occurred, I would IR the appropriate players and then sign suitable replacements (i.e- if a team lost a frontline starter I would sign the best available free agent. If the team lost a back -up, I signed a comparable replacement).

I also tried to give consideration to teams that were winning and had a shot at the playoffs. For example, if the Lions lost their starting Guard in week 10, they wouldn't spend big money on a replacement.

As the season ends and the offseason approaches, I am going to try to be as fair and realistic as I can. I will try to address each teams needs, and consider making trades, that might help clubs rebuilding.

While this is time consuming, it is actually pretty fun. The cool thing about controlling all the teams is you can jump in and out of control as you please.
Same thing i do as well. I also do the first 3 rounds of the draft for each team. That way, I dont run into any things like the Chargers drafting Brady Quinn with their 1st pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »