Home

Very suprised

This is a discussion on Very suprised within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2007, 01:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Very suprised

The 360 controller plugs into the USB port and works, so there is no need to purchase an additional PC controller.

Much much better than its console editions.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:10 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25

Add me to the PC list, I just don't enjoy Madden on 360 at all, but PC is a whole different story. Kinda sad that they focus all their time and effort on the 360, PS3, and Wii versions. Yet the PC version which they have hardly touched for years is the best one. Kinda tells you something.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:48 AM   #11
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

The reason 07 PC is the best PC version in a long time (and probably all round IMO) is because this year EA did actually go out and hire better help in Headgate Studios, who have been working on Tiger Woods PC for a while now. They clearly optimized the code for the PC as 06 and before was jittery frame rate wise even on the beastiest PC. That and the editing community anyway

The graphics aren't technically better than the 360 - A helmet on the 360 has more polygons than an entire player model in the PC version and the textures are of low resolution, sometimes as low as 64x64 believe it or not. However, while it's not a technically better looking game, personally I prefer the more realistic models and movements on the PC, the 360 versions feels like it took a step back authenticity wise to me.

For Madden 08 PC, presuming they don't can the series on the PC, I kinda hope they don't port the new game over, but rather just give the current game a huge graphical overhaul for DX10 (or just true DX9, it is currently more DX8 than 9) and add whatever features 08 brings on the 360 (fingers crossed for some sort of gang tackling). I think EA should let Headgate Studios loose on Madden PC - let it become their pet project. I think they are more than skilled enough given the quality of 07 PC, which I doubt they had a whole lot of time on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 AM   #12
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Well....

My 3rd 360 died a week or so ago,

LOL..ur 3rd 360 died?

BS

Last edited by ZB9; 01-16-2007 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 AM   #13
Nza
MVP

Not really sure why he would make it up? It's not like anyone needs an excuse to try Madden PC.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:20 AM   #14
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
LOL..ur 3rd 360 died?

BS
How is that BS? I'm also on my 3rd 360...Not the most reliable system.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #15
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

I think that most peoples problems with the next gen versions arise from the lack of options... But in my opinion the core gameplay is excellent and I thoroughly enjoy the next gen versions, PS3 more so than the 360...

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2007, 12:06 AM   #16
Nza
MVP

It's not that the next gen gameplay sucks in comparison, it is just basically exactly the same. Nothing about it is superior at all. Throw that in with player movement and momentum that I think took a step back, and I just don't enjoy playing it as much, even if we're talking from a pure gameplay standpoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »