Home

this game sucks

This is a discussion on this game sucks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #73
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: this game sucks

I agree. Recently bought a PS3 and then bought Madden 07. It's unplayable. EA should be ashamed of themselves. This game is garbage. EA took a step backwards with it's next generation Madden effort. I can sell it to Gamestop for 1/3 of the price is bought it for.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC©®
Nicely put.

Keep in mind...
This is the "Madden Section" of this forum.
If u start a topic with the an ignorant title "This Game Sucks".
Ur gonna get arrogant replies.
Instead of that title why not just start it off say I dislike this game because________...
Have it turn into a discusion instead of an argument.

Theres obviously gonna be haters but 2 be so immature about it...
This guy knew what he was getting into by starting this topic.
Nobody from EA in gonna even consider looking @ this thread with such a title.
With the knowledge of 2K8 coming back he used it as fuel 2 start this fire.
He could've easily stared this topic in the 2K section & have this turn into a discusion instead of a debate.

My 2 cent.
good points as well.......................the title of his thread yells flame bait.................oh well im just glad theres an option a comin
Old 02-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #75
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
good points as well.......................the title of his thread yells flame bait.................oh well im just glad theres an option a comin
Likewise...
Have a variety of fooball games in the market would be great.
I'm just glad they're bring back 2K8.
Now if only Blitz could comeback with the classic arcade style game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 11

I too am a 2k guy that's disappointed with Madden's efforts on the Xbox 360.
Even though I was very upset when I initially heard that EA was getting the exclusive rights to the NFL, I kind of blamed 2k sports.

Hold on guys, here me out.

Remember, 2k Sports threw out the first punch by releasing ESPN NFL 2k5 at $19.99. If I were the NFL, I'd be thinking "This company must be pretty desperate if they have to take $30 off just to compete with EA." Although 2k5 was a very good game, they may have been perceived as a company that has to lure in it's consumers with a price tag instead of quality. It may sound odd, but maybe 2k Sports shot themselves in the foot with their own marketing strategy.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 02-08-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #77
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I too am a 2k guy that's disappointed with Madden's efforts on the Xbox 360.
Even though I was very upset when I initially heard that EA was getting the exclusive rights to the NFL, I kind of blamed 2k sports.

Hold on guys, here me out.

Remember, 2k Sports threw out the first punch by releasing ESPN NFL 2k5 at $19.99. If I were the NFL, I'd be thinking "This company must be pretty desperate if they have to take $30 off just to compete with EA." Although 2k5 was a very good game, they may have been perceived as a company that has to lure in it's consumers with a price tag instead of quality. It may sound odd, but maybe 2k Sports shot themselves in the foot with their own marketing strategy.
I have 2 disagree.
There reason for the mark down was to put out a product @ a reasonable price where every1 can afford & enjoy it.
I recall all their games/titles that year were marked @ $19.99.(all of which I bought)

That just goes to prove how much they(EA) mark-up their product as with all the other games.

If 2K can afford 2 charge $19.99 & still make a profit what does that prove?
It makes u think doesn't it?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:29 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I have 2 disagree.
There reason for the mark down was to put out a product @ a reasonable price where every1 can afford & enjoy it.
I recall all their games/titles that year were marked @ $19.99.(all of which I bought)

That just goes to prove how much they(EA) mark-up their product as with all the other games.

No kidding at 65 bucks a pop i might have to start sellin my kids to afford these games
Old 02-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #79
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I have 2 disagree.

Their reason to mark their games at $19.99 wasn't that noble. It was a marketing effort to get people to at least try their games, and get the games in to peoples hands. When going up against a goliath like EA and Madden you have to take extreme measures. The thought was, once you got people to play the game, the quality of the game would shine through and people wouild purchase the game down the road. Good move considering the stranglehold Madden had on marketshare. But the game was not going to remain $19.99 in later years.. It was purely a short term marketing move.

As far as profit margin, you saw 2k's books that year? You know how much they made?
Old 02-08-2007, 03:34 AM   #80
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djk1980
No kidding at 65 bucks a pop i might have to start sellin my kids to afford these games
Becareful what u say...
They just caught some pedo in SEA. area with a laptop, condoms lube & a teddy bear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »