Home

Downloadable content for Madden 08

This is a discussion on Downloadable content for Madden 08 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

hotti7's Arena

OVR: 3
Downloadable content for Madden 08

I did see this in gameinformer and it talked about having to even buy air for the ball. WTF? Hopefully the article was just sarcasm or something. Someone mentioned this in an earlier thread but it was closed. Any reason for that? He just stated word for word what the article said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Downloadable content for Madden 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti7
I did see this in gameinformer and it talked about having to even buy air for the ball. WTF? Hopefully the article was just sarcasm or something. Someone mentioned this in an earlier thread but it was closed. Any reason for that? He just stated word for word what the article said.
April Fools?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
April Fools?
No kidding...doesn't Game Informer have a "Game Infarcer" section for their April issue?

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Well the game will be 60.00, that will include the EA logo, that's it. Each player will then be able to be purchased from the market place for 100 microsoft points, if said player wears a visor, gloves or any other accessory including shoes, then the player will cost 200 microsoft points. Stadiums, team uniforms (yes the players you get are naked), and every other part of the game will also be available for download, for a varied amount of microsoft points. EA if it's in the game it's on the market place.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

this may be a joke but you guys are really scaring me right now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #6
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Heres the article:

Downloadable content is on the rise, and after successful implementation in the series like Tiger Woods and Need for Speed, EA is counting on Madden 08 to push the boundaries of what gamers will tolerate. The new football title will have players spending real money to obtain a variety of in-game items; helmets, mascots and air for the ball must all be unlocked via credit card purchase.

Electronic Arts claims all these items will be totally optional. “We’re not forcing anyone to buy anything,” asserts a representative for EA Sports. “Players who elect to not purchase air for the ball still have a shot at the Super Bowl. They may just have to focus more on their running game.” This means that a significant financial investment will lead to a much better team, just like in real football…unless you’re the Redskins, of course.

If trends like these continue, video games will evolve into nothing more than interactive catalogues – mere conduits for digital transactions. When faced with this issue, the EA rep’s eyes lit up. “I’m gonna be so rich,”

~~This is on page 67 on GI Mag. The title of the page is " CONNECT: bloggers: start your plagiarizers!~~~~
Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti7
its a joke in the Game Infarcer section of the Game Informer April issue.

But if you believe all that is true... I have some Ocean front property in Arizona that I will sell you at a fair price

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
its a joke in the Game Infarcer section of the Game Informer April issue.

But if you believe all that is true... I have some Ocean front property in Arizona that I will sell you at a fair price
Sooner or later Arizona will have ocean front property, after the big earth quake hits, good bye Cali.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »