Home

Running Game

This is a discussion on Running Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
Rookie

didy's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon9 Running Game

Can any of you ballers help me establish a good solid ground game. Now i know in some games runing game will not work but i like runing and for some reason i just cant get the flow of it or consistency, i think it is playcalling but maybe not. I play with bears so i want to attack with my run in order to set up a playaction so can anyone give me any tips, i know how to run the ball but i need help in aspects such as, how to establish a good ground game early, playcalling and any similiar aspects in that context.

Thanx boys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Running Game

running comes natural, but one thing that may help is using the lead block function. i use leadblock usually with the fullback. I try not to use it with the linemen.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Yea just try to watch real NFL games and mimic what you see
Old 10-13-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

Find out where you can run on their defense. Does the defense have any weapons? If so, make sure they get blocked, or run to the opposite side of the field. Do you have any crushing run blockers? If so, make the majority of your runs behind them. Sometimes the defense will want to stop the run first. Where are their safeties playing? If they have eight in the box, pass, or run draws. Every situation is different.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Vary your snap count to keep the defense honest. Make sure you remember your outside runs. I know sometimes I'll be pounding it up the middle continuously and not having much success, and it is because I haven't been running sweeps or stretches to keep them honest. Once I do that, the middle opens up a bit. Also, don't always run in running situations. That's 1st and long, 2nd and long, etc. They'll pick up on these tendancies (though if you do pound it in those situations early, even without much success, you can open up with playaction early and get some big plays). Also run some screens to keep the MLB honest, and finally use the draw. I love going in Shotgun and giving it up the middle. It doesn't always work, but often I get some really nice runs, and it also sets up all the PA Shotgun plays, and there are some good ones. Also run out of a lot of formations, and pass out of the same ones.

Obviously show patience to the hole and all that, but balance is really key.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Also, don't always run in running situations.
That's what I was going to say, if you always run the ball in "running situations" then you're offense will become predictable, and you're opponent will have an edge on you in play-calling because he'll know your tendencies.

Also, stretch plays work really well in this game.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »