Home

Even though I hate Ea..Madden is a very good game.

This is a discussion on Even though I hate Ea..Madden is a very good game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Even though I hate Ea..Madden is a very good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yeah, Madden 2003 is a very good game.

Madden 2007 on next gen consoles suck though. Sorry. And the thing is, I can deal with the tackling animations. I can deal with the lack of atmosphere and presentation. I can deal with the lack of involvement on defense.

I can't deal with the lack of a real pocket however. It's too easy to roll out and find the open receiver with virtually any QB in the game. I can do it on All-Madden with Eli Manning. That's a game killer for me.

i've been waiting for this to get addressed for EVER. And it is my biggest problem with the game. How anyone can enjoy a game that is fundamentally flawed, in so many ways is beyond me.

And yet I'm guilty of buying Madden, every year. Mainly because I like football. However, I never get the impression that I'm playing a NFL simulation when playing this game for some reason. However because i enjoy the NFL, EA suckers me into a purchase every year......
Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #18
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Madden 07, next gen is an OK game, but I have to say that I've never been more dissapointed in a football game since John Elways quarterback on the NES. IMO, Madden 06 on the reg Xbox was the plaeau of Madden. Everything about it was pretty good, I never played it online because with slider adjustments and rosters easily edited, It was easy to create a sim style experience which is what I'm after. Graphics on next gen are OK but they certainly aren't worth what was sacrificed for depth as for as roster editing, and slider tweaking. This game has been out since August and I'm still working on realistic sliders.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #19
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

New gen Madden was the biggest disappointment. 1 camera angle! That for me prevented me from getting too deep into the game.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #20
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

i've been playing a franchise using arichzona's sliders from the ncaa forum and they play a pretty good game of football imo. but like everybody else i hate the lack of presentation and wish there were more camera angles to choose from. also, if they add back co-op and in game saves, real roster editting, and take away those asinine mini games in create a player, i will buy madden this year. otherwise, its APF2K8 for me, although i might hesitate to buy it if there is no fpf mode, (man, i really hope there is). but back on point, madden on the 360 and PS3 plays a decent game of football, but not a great game of football, which IMO is what the consumer should get and is entitled to if you are the only NFL game in town.

pete
Old 04-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

In all honesty, I'm far from a Madden or EA ***** but EA caused the heaps of criticism from fans and reviewers themselves. You will never please everyone but if they had simply taken the current gen 06 version and moved it over to the next gen system with no other additional improvements save for the graphics, they would have avoided such rabid criticism. Instead they decided shred features and gradually reintroduce them as enhancements. Its like feeding someone prime rib the first time they had beef and then giving them a mcd's double cheeseburger. The cheeseburger might be good but its like eating **** in comparison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Madden is an OK game. Its gameplay style is different than 2k5. But me, being a fan of real-life sims, stuck to playing with 2k5 to this day. I gave Madden a chance for about a month, franchise.. all. Running game is pretty simplistic, passing game is OK (QB vision was an ok feature), Mini-camp was great.. but thats all that appealed to me in Madden.

I feel that since Madden has such a chokehold on the American football Videogame market, it doesn't matter what new features, or gameplay they come out with. They've already established their name in the media and thats all they need to bring in the $$$. Mainstream/Casual gamers greatly outnumber the hardcore fans, and the casual gamers is how EA gets their money.

But with the release of All-Pro Football 2k8, its good to have variety this year (even at the expense of massive letdowns and disappointments brought upon themselves buy the 2k fan base though a single GI article) . And if APF2k8 makes Madden better, then I'll start playing Madden again.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I know I blast EA every year because they don't add certain things in I want but Madden 2007 for PS3 is still a very very good game. The only thing lacking in the game IMO is presentation,true gang tackles, hand towels, and more signature specific animations.I play this game against my MaddenMania buddies every single day because it is fun when played SIM. There are some quirks in the game that deals with the framerate while manuevering through menus and the O so irratating comming to the LOS cutscene.

From being on this site 3-4 + years some of you cats hate madden with a passion. Im not going to hold you because every year I went to go to EA studios and barge in their office like "WTF....Why couldn't you add hand towels like you said you were?" or "WTF...Do you mfers ever watch an NFL game?...Where is the damn emotion and presentation?" Once I pick up the game and play it I do see some things in the game that are done extremely well such as the smooth running animations, in game music, good online interface, added 2 man gang tackles even though they should be on 3/4 man tackles.

Having said all of that im really excited to see what Madden 2008 rings to the table because EA has had 2 years of tweaking the engine and hopefully they can really bring out the bang with these next gen systems. I know I am a sucker because I say this EXACT SAME S*** each year only to be let down in some areas. With ALL PRO 2k8 releasing this year also I will have two games to play which makes me glad as a videogame consumer.

I think that EA will overhaul on the signature specific animations and we will be treated to some good things this year.
Madden is great as a arcade type football game.. But as a sim it's pretty laughable.. I love playing madden 07 at work with my friends..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »