Home

Encouraging Madden 08 news

This is a discussion on Encouraging Madden 08 news within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Encouraging Madden 08 news

Haha, EA stepped in and bought the NFL and are still afraid of 2k sports. Hooray for 2k! Madden would've just had a new "create-a-field-turf" feature if they weren't afraid of STILL losing business to 2k. 2K finally pushed EA (without an NFL license) to step up to the plate. EA please let me return home!

PSYCHE! I'll never purchase an EA product again. It'll take, let's see, Madden Football has been around for 15 years. Ok, 15 years is what it's gonna take for EA to get me to plunk down cash for their product (I'm guessing it'll be $2k by then, haha). I really, really, really want to love this game. I've played every rendition, or slightly modified upgrade, since the start. I used to love EA more than my parents. Please don't do us wrong anymore, EA.

I don't really think you can lure me back from my sexy younger girlfriend, but please TRY for CHRIST'S SAKE!! Maybe you have a feature left that I'll adore. You'll always have the NFL, but what's between NATIONAL and LEAGUE is what I want! That's right, spread your National leg and your League leg and let me have what I WANT!!!

Last edited by dizturbd; 04-28-2007 at 01:13 AM. Reason: dumb mistake
Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #50
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
At least he didn't say you could find your actual seat in the stadiums like they said last year. That should have been my warning but I didn't listen and pre-ordered. This years it's going to be a rent for sure before buy.

Yeah, EA has made some claims in the past to hype Madden then when the game comes out these features are no where to be found. They did this last year with Arena Football as well. Nothing short of lies. I do not trust this company and I will not purchase or rent Madden this year. I'll stick with what 2K has to offer.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #51
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I honestly can't see how anyone can say that Madden has taken a step forward. Madden had one camera angle for crimny sakes last year. I can't see past that shortcoming, petty I know, but oh well. On a brand new generation system with all those resources, too. Madden will be a wait and see, then rent and see, for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I honestly can't see how anyone can say that Madden has taken a step forward.
Wow. One of the dumbest posts I've ever read on any message board.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #53
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I honestly can't see how anyone can say that Madden has taken a step forward. Madden had one camera angle for crimny sakes last year. I can't see past that shortcoming, petty I know, but oh well. On a brand new generation system with all those resources, too. Madden will be a wait and see, then rent and see, for me.
With what has been said in the early previews and judging the producer interviews... I think that I can safely say that Madden is heading in the right direction.

The funniest thing I find in your post though is that of all the things that Madden has been criticized for since the next gen system, your biggest complaint is the one camera angle. That just surprises me and yes makes me laugh a little.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-28-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Props to mobbdeep for finding this first.

In a recent Q & A with an EA Sports Director of Marketing, Chris Erb, for an exclusive interview about the pick and some hints on what the selection means to the upcoming game.

1st time EA has said they were focusing on the core gameplay. It sounds good.

Read the full article here
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15838

Wow this interview is full OF BS. He is not even answering the ? and there are some many lies from chris erb saying Vince young was the cover guy form day 1 . Saying this BS about the youth movment enough with the lies already. Boy cant wait for madden 08
Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #55
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
Wow this interview is full OF BS. He is not even answering the ? and there are some many lies from chris erb saying Vince young was the cover guy form day 1 . Saying this BS about the youth movment enough with the lies already. Boy cant wait for madden 08
Which part of "Director of Marketing" did you not understand?

You might want to check out the IGN and Gamespot preview threads, as well as the thread dedicated to new Madden producer Ian Cummings blog, before you pass judgement. There are a lot of genuinely exciting things in store this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #56
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
There are a lot of genuinely exciting things in store this year.
I'm still taking the wait and see approach... EA is the master of telling us what we want to hear. That just don't ever seem to deliver. I do have hope since the NHL series took some good strides this past year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »