Home

Encouraging Madden 08 news

This is a discussion on Encouraging Madden 08 news within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #57
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Encouraging Madden 08 news

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I'm still taking the wait and see approach... EA is the master of telling us what we want to hear. That just don't ever seem to deliver. I do have hope since the NHL series took some good strides this past year.
No, traditionally EA has been the masters of pimping some new feature, while leaving the core gameplay unchanged. The fact that they appear to have reversed their normal approach, and that the lead producer genuinely seems to understand what the hardcore football gamers want, is what makes me so excited for Madden 08.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
No, traditionally EA has been the masters of pimping some new feature, while leaving the core gameplay unchanged. The fact that they appear to have reversed their normal approach, and that the lead producer genuinely seems to understand what the hardcore football gamers want, is what makes me so excited for Madden 08.
i agree, even if they dont pull it off. I have to admit im surprised and pleased at the things they are aiming for this year.

not polygon counts (at the expense of frame rate)
not some goofy features and mini games
not excesive GM/owner options
but complex gameplay elements.
pass or fail on the finished product, i have to admit this is a big step towards what we have been asking for.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #59
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
You don't understand the tradition where I'm from...

EVERY YEAR hundreds (maybe thousands?) of Madden-fans go to "Midnight-Madness" at EB or Gamestop to pick-up their pre-ordered copy of Madden. While we wait for midnight to strike we bond, discuss strategies, talk trash, hold raffels and generally have a good time.

I usually know a lot of the guys there or I'll run into people I haven't seen in awhile who are also showing up to get the game...

...Midnight Madness is special night to be a Madden fan in the inner-cities of Los Angeles.

I remember attending one of these 2 years ago.

I was the only guy to walk to the front of the line at 11:55 pm, cancel my preorder after demoing that dog of a game, and putting my cash towards NCAA (which didn't have great gameplay either, but at least had a great recruiting engine and awesome college atmosphere). I got some crazy looks, for sure.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #60
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
Which technically was a port from current gen. consoles that was reworked for Wii. I wouldn't say that really counts.

To the guy who said that Madden wouldn't sell the amount if it was really that bad. Quality doesn't mean a whole lot in these current times. Name brands and recognition is really key. The top "quality" manufacturers have been reducing their quality and relying on their brand name to increase profits. I'd hate to admit that McDonalds offers the best hamburgers in the world because of sales rank. Availability, recognition, and brand association will win over quality.
Doesn't count? How's that?

The controls on that game are INCREDIBLE, and far outweigh the lack of strategic depth (in comparison to NFL 2K5). The game is pure fun . . . so what if it is based off the PS2 / XBOX Madden - they reworked it enough and did such a great job putting the Wii controls in, that it deserves serious props. Any inrony that Tiburon had nothing to do with Wii Madden? EA Canada did that title. And they did a bang-up job. I haven't had this much fun with a Madden title since PS2 launch day.

Wii Madden gets a huge thumbs up - and that means a lot coming from this Madden cynic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »