Home

IGN: Madden 08' Preview

This is a discussion on IGN: Madden 08' Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: IGN: Madden 08' Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Great great great stuff...

I know a lot of people will say EA has a history of hyping, but these guys know something is up. They are fully aware that they need to deliver.

What happened to that David Ortiz guy? Is he no longer the producer?
It is interesting all this stuff is going in and hmmm those guys that did it originally are coming back into the market. Now watch all the people who hated on double team blocking and gang tackling will be like little babies. It's soooo awesome, yada yada yada but before they were hatin on it. But alas I'm not counting that's good to hear that they busted their a$$ in getting this game UP to where it NEEDS to be.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Sounds very promising!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #11
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

WOW

Based on the preview, I'm very excitied. The producer said it's the biggest one year jump in Madden history.

Finally there's double team blocking, gang tackling, no mario running, Signature Style Celebrations, etc... Nice to see they finally added all the last-gen features to the current-gen edition.

While there was no mention of presentation, I expect to see blown out ESPN presentation in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #12
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

How many of you think this long overdue emphasis on the fundamentals of gameplay is directly related to the upcoming OTHER pro football release?

It's nice to see a video interview where there was no emphasis on any particular mode (ie superstar) or any gimmick with the right stick, etc.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7406
How many of you think this long overdue emphasis on the fundamentals of gameplay is directly related to the upcoming OTHER pro football release?
It's possible, but I would think changes this radical would have had to have already been in the works long before APF 2k8 was officially announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7406
It's nice to see a video interview where there was no emphasis on any particular mode (ie superstar) or any gimmick with the right stick, etc.
Agreed.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #14

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's possible, but I would think changes this radical would have had to have already been in the works long before APF 2k8 was officially announced.

Agreed.
Yeah..I'd like to think these guys took a good look at the game and where it was on both next-gen systems and realised it wasn't cutting it. Now, the game sold 7 million copies across the board, so they could have just kicked back and updated the rosters, but from the looks of it, they have more install.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Is it possible we may have videogame football making a come back fellas!?!? I can tell you I am excited right now. That read bugged me out, I dont want to get too excited, but WOW that sounded good. If the presentation is there, Imma Madden fan again.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #16
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Yep. I totally love that they aren't hyping up some silly feature. All the items the guy was talking about has me pumped. Zone Blocking. double teams. shut down corners. I'm ready.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »