Home

The Top 10's of Madden

This is a discussion on The Top 10's of Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #17
Rookie

FilthyRich's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Top 10's of Madden

since forever? hasselbeck is marginal at best and didnt play well at all last season.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #18
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
Why do you Vick haters show up and hate on him alltime the time. People (idiots) blame him for every thing wrong with the Falcons. Was Vick dropping passes? What other QB besides V. Young coaching staffs worry in fear about containing. Vick has done some great things without a supporting cast such as consistent skill position players. Vick has played behind one of the worst passing lines in football.
Vick is solid, even if most of you hate him or not. Vick will never be a straight drop back QB, however some of us like him and appreciate him. If you watched the falcons games last year, you would know that Vick was not the problem last year. Petrino will allow Vick to be a QB instead of a conservative robot for a sorry Offensive Coordinator.
I feel sorry for Jarmarcus Russell because Knapp is terrible.
I dont blame vick for everything wrong with the falcons, I just blame him for most of the things wrong with the QB position for the falcons. Vick is fun to watch but his style of play is just too risky. I personally would rather have someone else at QB leading the way for the falcons.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #19
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyRich
since forever? hasselbeck is marginal at best and didnt play well at all last season.
2-time Pro Bowler? That's marginal at best? He was the top QB in the NFC before Drew Brees came to New Orleans.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Tomlinson should have been a 99 in Madden 06 (and 07, of course). He better get it this year.

I don't think they drop McNabb 5 points overall. If they know any better, he's no less than 94.

dbshady, if I'm not mistaken, they did place 4 QBs 97 overall or better in Madden 06: Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, and Brady.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 05-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Tomlinson should have been a 99 in Madden 06 (and 07, of course). He better get it this year.

I don't think they drop McNabb 5 points overall. If they know any better, he's no less than 94.

dbshady, if I'm not mistaken, they did place 4 QBs 97 overall or better in Madden 06: Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, and Brady.
I dont know about the default roster because i really dont remember, but i dont think Culpepper was above a 97. But in the 2nd to last update, Brady and Manning were up there, and McNabb was at a 94 and Culpepper was in the high 80's, 86 - 88. So im based all my assumptions off that, because that is the last rating that EA choose to give this players. I dout if Culpepper started as a 97, feel to an 88, in 07 he would go back up to 97. At least lets hope not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpandgold24
Top 11 RB'S

1. Ladanian Tolmlinson- perhaps the most dominant player in Madden
projected rating- 99

2. Larry Johnson- punishimg runner with great vision and fatigue
projected rating- 98

3. Stephen Jackson- the most versatile back in madden and unstoppable in the inside
projected rating- 96

4. Shaun Alexander- very good combo of size and speed
projected rating- 95

5. Frank Gore- angry runner with excellen vision and quickness
projected rating- 94

6. Clinton Portis- the most unique back and also the most versatile
projected rating- 94

7. Willie Parker- one of the fastest backs in the game
projected rating- 94

8. Reggie Bush- playmaker and gamebraking talent
projected rating-93

9. Willis McGahee- powerful runner with the most effective stiff arm
projected rating- 92

10. Brian Westbrook- gamebraking moves and electrifying speed
projected rating- 92

11. Deuce McCallister- the perfect combo of power and elusiveness
projected rating- 90
For my reference.

LT 99
LJ 98
Jackson 97
Alexander 95
Gore 94
Portis 94
Parker 94
Bush 93
McGahee 92
Westbrook 92
Duce Duce 90

I dont know man, My first question to you, as it was last time with Matt Hasselbeck... Where is Rudi Johnson?? 7th in rushing last year and had a great season once agian. Rated a 93 on 06, should be somewhere around there if not higher in 08.

And give some credit to Egderrin James. He ran behind the worst line in NFL history last year and still did what no one could in the last 8 years, be a 1,000 yard rusher. Emmitt Smith, NFL all-time leading rusher didnt even do that. James finished 12th in rushing behind that line last season. Arizona's running game found a good mold the last 8 games of the season and he averaged well over 4 yards per carry, despite his 3.4 finish due to a bad start. (However, keep in mind, Shawn Alexander played 10 games last season, and he finished with a 3.6 yards per carry on the season... and he is still 4th on this board... So why should Edge drop over 6 points, and Alexander drop 1 point) James should still be well above 90, rated a 96 last year, fell down to a 92 at the end of the season. He is still an elite RB, he shouldn't have to be downgraded for bad blocking. Id say somewhere in the 92-93 range is fine, no lower than that, but for sure not a 96 anymore.

I think Reggie Bush might not be that high or at least shouldn't be. Bush to me, has that Micheal Vick factor, hes entertaining but when you place him with the best, really, how good is he at his position? I mean, is he really 2 points behind prevoius single season record holder Shawn Alexander... And only 4 points behind Stephen Jackson, who had a great season last year. I dont think so. Hes entertianing, yes, hes a gamechanger, yes, he makes teams adjust to him yes.... but by lining up in the backfield? Not really. His verstile rating is threw the roof, but his RB rating should be no higer than a 90. On my update i think he was rated a 86 and Duce Duce was a 89.

I like LT, i like Johnson, i like Gore. I think Parker deserves to be up there. Its not a bad list. I would maybe argue that Parker should be before Portis.

Other Running Backs that could maybe sneek in or out of the 90's: W.Dunn, Ronnie Brown, Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, Chester Taylor and what about Ricky Williams when he gets reinstated... ha maybe not, but who knows.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 AM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Tony Romo was an 87 with the PC Madden 07 final roster update. Given that Madden ratings tend to be a combination of performance and projection, 88 doesn't seem that farfetched.

Same sorta story for Vince Young; he'll be projected to be good, and he's the coverboy. He's gonna get a high rating, whether he deserves it or not. Matt Hasselbeck does need to be on the QB list though.

I don't see Willie Parker being a 94, and Rudi Johnson and Edgerrin James will probably both be in the 90s. RB is always a loaded position too, there'll be a ton of guys at or above 90.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

All I know, Gore should be a beast for my Niners this season. Can't wait to run with him!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »