Home

Maybe It's Just Me, But I'm Not Buying It!!!

This is a discussion on Maybe It's Just Me, But I'm Not Buying It!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #17
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Maybe It's Just Me, But I'm Not Buying It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Skeptically optimistic with all these game makers. After all the problems with 2K7 Baseball, is there any game maker going to actually make a REAL quality game for our $60.
NBA 2K7 is one of best games I've ever played period... Yes, even if you don't like the NBA
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
NBA 2K7 is one of best games I've ever played period... Yes, even if you don't like the NBA
co-sign its worth more then 60, best sports game i've played in a long time..
Old 05-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm worried too, and for once will NOT be there on Day One (maybe Day Three ).

Madden '07 got at most ten hours or so of playtime from me. I think I only finished a half dozen games for a variety of reasons (no fatigue until the third month after release, ****ty presentation, lack of defense despite sliders, whatever).

I've been a big EA fan for a long time! As a matter of fact, I stayed with NBA Live until this past year (first with no NBA game...stupid, I know) but Madden was just the last straw. After a great showing with NCAA, Tiburon dropped the ball, and I KNOW NCAA had it's flaws as well.

I'll wait until I read some impressions here and elsewhere the first few days. While that might change (the OS Hype Machine the week before release is often hard to resist), I'll still likely hold out until the weekend, if not for good. I do remember though a lot of folks here trading the game in early and often, regulars at that...not to mention the Madden OS League that was never started due to the BS fatigue issue!

At least with Madden, EA has to earn my respect back, and seeing that stupid *** Ortiz still having involvement just pisses me off (oooohhh, a cannon sound for deep passes, PERFECT )!

EDIT: I'll also chime in on the 2k v. EA debate. I LOVED 2k5, played it a hell of a lot more than Madden that year as I saw it as the superior game (PRESENTATION people...it was off the charts!). However, I've never been a fan of generic football, not matter how good the "on the field" gameplay is. I want to pit my Denver Broncos against Al Davis, and the new 2k football game won't let me do it (even if I can add the Bos or whomever to my roster). I'm going to sit on the sidelines for the new 2k game as well, initially. While the $60 isn't going to cripple me or my family, I don't want to waste the dough on a game that will be on Ebay before the month's out because I can't jive on the generic.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim

Last edited by JohnnytheSkin; 05-01-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

i didn't have any problems with the gameplay in madden 07 for 360, the franchise mode however needed many teeeks.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #21
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Preach on Brother. I'm surprised there are posters here who put stock in the fact that the previewers apparently came away impressed--as if that means anything. I understand what the OP is saying. It's as if IGN, Gamespot, etc. are part of the sales pitch. They were just a tad too enthusiastic and looking through rose-colored glasses IMHO.

This happens every year: The great EA hype machine goes into full spin mode, the masses get excited, thinking THIS is "finally the year--no, really, THIS IS THE YEAR and the game we've been waiting for". Then it comes out, people are disappointed (some deservedly so, others with unrealistic expectations to begin with, etc.) Yet EA has done nothing product-wise to earn the benefit of the doubt.

I hope they do put out a good, solid, material bug-free game this year. If they do, it can be nothing BUT good. But at this point, EA is doing nothing but sowing the seeds for your $60 by telling you what they think you want to hear. Time will tell to what extent they follow through--and if there are any bugs material enough to render new features and improved gameplay moot anyway.

Peace.
I know people like to slam EA, but I never heard the developers saying the things before that they're saying right now. If they bomb with madden, it could ruin the franchise for the people intended to read those articles. What a way to push lots of hardcore loyal consumers to the competition.

Yes madden will sell well for years regardless, but it's not like it's entirely a game made for casual gamers. EA wants the hardcore gamers to enjoy it, as the alternative is now available from a different company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

i'm not buying what they are selling either cause watch if Madden 08 sucks they'll just come back for 09 and say we know 08 was not good and sub-par but this year Ortiz is gonna make it sexy. We listened to all the forums and couldn't sleep at night (maybe because your sleeping on stacks of our money) and now we are really goning to make this Madden next-gen and Drew Stanton will be the cover boy lol! don't drink the cool-aid guys i'll just wait and see. I know i'll end up buying it but not on day one.

Last edited by smash22; 05-01-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
i'm not buying what they are selling either cause watch if Madden 08 sucks they'll just come back for 09 and say we know 08 was not good and sub-par but this year Ortiz is gonna make it sexy. We listened to all the forums and couldn't sleep at night (maybe because your sleeping on stacks of our money) and now we are really goning to make this Madden next-gen and Drew Stanton will be the cover boy lol! don't drink the cool-aid guys i'll just wait and see. I know i'll end up buying it but not on day one.

LOL
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #24
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I think madden will actually improve this year. With APF 2K8 coming out i think there gonna do something. I was reading the gamespot preview today and it sounded decent. I mean it sounds decent every year but usually they dont talk about as much AI as they are talking this year. They where also saying about improved rating system for receiver such as catching in traffic. Hopefully they dont overdue this and make super receivers. But i'm likin what i hear so far. And if it isnt all that great atleast they confirmed there is going to be owner mode in this years version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »