Home

Most Anticipated Madden

This is a discussion on Most Anticipated Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Talking Most Anticipated Madden

What year can u recall being the most anticipation Madden?

Generally, for some reason, I think the 04 madden, with Vick on the cover, was the most anticipated. It seemed like that was the year when madden mania was official and media began to take note of the "craze"

PERSONALLY... to me... 07 was highly anticipated for various reasons. I was stepping into next generation. It was a new engine and everything. Some of the features were appealing. I even went out to buy the hall of fame edition with the bonus DVD (dumb move lol). I love Madden 07 like all the others, but I dont think it lived up to the "hall of fame" hype. I love it for X-Box Live

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Most Anticipated Madden

I anticipated 06 the most because I was looking forward to trying out the QB vision cone.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

The most anticipated madden for me was 07 after buying the xbox 360 in the spring of 06 after reading all the hype about how Madden 07 was going to be so much better than their first attempt at next gen... The hype of Madden 07 was a system seller for me, Man what a let down! If it wasn't for Gears of War and NBA 2K series I would have ebayed the xbox 360.

On a side note, the most excited I've ever been over a football game was when Joe montana football was moving to sega CD... I thought at the time the possibilities were endless with that much data, plus the screen shots released prior to the game were awesome. Again I was letdown. I remember the game having to access the cd after every play and thus making the game unbearable to play.

Here's to hoping we have 3 great FB games this year, but i'm more of a rent before I get my hopes up person now. The only other place that gives me a true indicator of sports games is this forum of other diehards like myself.

Last edited by xylocaine; 05-11-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

for me the most anticipated madden is this year upcoming version. 08' will be my first madden on next-gen and hopefully they impress. But from what i hear i shouldnt get my hopes up. I havnt played 07' on my 360 yet and probably wont. I think not playing it will make 08' that much better because it will be the first next-gen madden i play.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

2003. I stood in line 3+hrs in a mall, swapping stories w/other gamers at a local mall (Pentagon City). Some people in line were playing jokes on people passing the line. I think that was the second most enjoyable times I've had sitting in a "game line" (first would be on 9/9/99, for the Dreamcast). Madden 03 generated many a sleepness night; used to have 3-4 machines running over various friends places where we'd stay up all night Friday or Saturday playing and talking trash. There were gameplay exploits on both sides of the ball but it was still a very balanced and fun game

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Good post

I go with 04

That is the first year people started lining up outside like crazed gorillas
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am not even going to guess the year because I will embarrass myself, but the most anticipated Madden to me was the first one that had franchise mode in it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Mine was when owner mode debuted that was the peak although I have to say. Right now, I'm looking forward to this years version. The past two years, I haven't been excited at all. This year's different though. I'm back to not getting enough Madden news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »