Home

I hope EA focused more on signature style

This is a discussion on I hope EA focused more on signature style within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I hope EA focused more on signature style

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
My man....EA is focusing on the core gameplay this year so whats your point?....
Not to speak for AP, but many folks are noticing that basic gameplay issues appear to have been overlooked despite EA's claim. Honestly, I haven't seen much of what they promised. Where are the pile on tackles that they speak of? I have not seen 2 defenders engaged with a ball carrier at the same time in any of the vids.

Quote:
WHY CAN'T THEY ADD MORE SIGNATURE STYLE's AGAIN?
I'm sure nobody wants them to not add it. Most folks would prefer they put basic gameplay at the top of their priorities.

Quote:
People are funny these days. You try to improve a facet of the game only for someone to shout WELL FIX THIS FIRST!.
We all have preferences. What's wrong with that?

Quote:
Damn why add franchise mode,owner mode,different uniforms,different colored shoes, or abilty to edit a player WHEN THE GAMEPLAY IS STILL LACKING in your case?
There are some gameplay issues I would like addressed before any of what you mentioned here. None of it means much to ME if certain gameplay issues are not addressed.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
M

Damn why add franchise mode,owner mode,different uniforms,different colored shoes, or abilty to edit a player WHEN THE GAMEPLAY IS STILL LACKING in your case?

Come on man.
Exactly...why?...The answer is easy..There is a huge market of people who only buy a game based on franchise, player editing and owner mode...These are the consumers who often could care less about ONLINE Play because as much as we don't want to believe it online play is not that big.

Franchise junkies are a different breed but while we all can agree that signature style is great and adds to the experience its nothing more than FLUFF when the CORE Gameplay still needs to be addressed. As the game gets tighter and tighter each year hopefully fluffy things like Signature style will move to the forefront...But in the meantime Give me gameplay all day becaise w/o that signature style is worthless

Lets take some of the top NFL players and you tell me what you wanna see in terms of sig style:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Ladanian Tomlinson
3. Marvin Harrison
4. Randy Moss
5. Antonio Gates
6. Brian Urlacher
7. Champ Bailey
8. Shawn Alexander
9. Brett Favre
10. Larry Johnson
11. Ray Lewis
12. Mike Vick
13. Tom Brady
14. Michael Strahan
15. Walter Jones

What, if anything, can signature style do to make these sorts of players stand out. I can think of one or two things I'd like to see but I'd like to see what your thinking in terms of Sig style.

Last edited by Alburt Poohole; 05-15-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
Exactly...why?...The answer is easy..There is a huge market of people who only buy a game based on franchise, player editing and owner mode...These are the consumers who could care less about ONLINE Play because as much as we don't want to believe this online play is not that big.

Franchise junkies are a different breed but while we all can agree that signature style is great and adds to the experience its nothing more than FLUFF when the CORE Gameplay still needs to be addressed. As the game gets tighter and tighter each year hopefully fluffy things like Signature style will move to the forefront...But in the meantime Give me gameplay all day becaise w/o that signature style is worthless
Using your statement above....Most Madden gamers are casual fans. They care about the fluff.

The fluff in this case would be signature style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
Exactly...why?...The answer is easy..There is a huge market of people who only buy a game based on franchise, player editing and owner mode...These are the consumers who could care less about ONLINE Play because as much as we don't want to believe this online play is not that big.

Lets take some of the top NFL players and you tell me what you wanna see in terms of sig style:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Ladanian Tomlinson
3. Marvin Harrison
4. Randy Moss
5. Antonio Gates
6. Brian Urlacher
7. Champ Bailey
8. Shawn Alexander
9. Brett Favre
10. Larry Johnson
11. Ray Lewis
12. Mike Vick
13. Tom Brady
14. Michael Strahan
15. Walter Jones

What, if anything, can signature style do to make these sorts of players stand out.
What do you mean what can it do?

It can make the user know who is who....That is like saying "What can signature style do to NBA players in NBA2k7"...Common sense...lol
Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #13
MVP

I find it sad that people don't want bring new ideas to this game. They have the capabilities with these new systems to add these things but you wouldn't like to see it?

Why is it cool for NBA2k7 to have signature style but Madden not?

Im pretty sure NBA2k7's gameplay isn't 100%.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Like he said, its easier to implement sig style in b-ball and baseball games. Only way I can see it is signature QB throwing and celebrations.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Like he said, its easier to implement sig style in b-ball and baseball games. Only way I can see it is signature QB throwing and celebrations.
Yeah, what do you put in for sig style in football? They have (or at least had) Manning pre-snap shananigans and a few celebrations, but I don't know what else to put. Basketball players have shots that vary from player to player. Aside from QBs, every player is doing whatever he can to get the job done. There's no signature catch, tackle, or running style. I can understand putting Rivers, Payton, and the others' throwing motions, but there's not much else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Trust me.... 2K will add signature styles to APF and people will be able to see the different running styles between running backs and throwing styles among QBs. If done properly it will add a lot more enjoyment to the game. But EA has so many other things to fix in Madden 08 that Signature styles shouldn't be a prority right now!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »