Home

I hope EA focused more on signature style

This is a discussion on I hope EA focused more on signature style within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2007, 09:08 AM   #57
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I hope EA focused more on signature style

People talk about pre-game rituals and all that but EA and most of us here already know that after the 1st 5 or 6 times we have seen the intros we then just blow right by them with the A button.

I don't think anyone here is saying or hoping that EA will forgo sig style..But in the same breath I want to see gameplay that is tight and solid. I want to see online challenges and weather. I'm not gonna really notice or care about Plaxico Burress' stride as opposed to Keyshawn Johnson's stride. I and most won't analyze the game to that level.

I will though analyze how my line blocks, how my LB's and DB's cover in zone or man, how gang tackling looks and feels, how I can perform a sideline catch or throw a fade route, How MY DE's play contain or get at the QB. At its core football is a very simplistic yet still complex sport. IMO signature style is not as important or easily observable in Football as it is in Basketball or Baseball...Now in the latter 2 sig style is very important but in football...After celebrations, audio and the way players look in their uniforms its all simply basic running, catching, passing and tackling...Its about how the game plays. Not Ray lewis' Que Dog dance.

Oh and BTW...Like I said earlier EA has implemented sig style when appropriate i.e. Tiki Barber's high and tight carrying of the rock and to be honest that is one of the VERY FEW instances when sig style literally JUMPS right outta the game and grabs ya

Last edited by Alburt Poohole; 05-17-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 AM   #58
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
People talk about pre-game rituals and all that but EA and most of us here already know that after the 1st 5 or 6 times we have seen the intros we then just blow right by them with the A button.
Most of us skip it because it's repetitive and boring. If they had some variety and action involved, folks would be more inclined to watch it.

Personally, aside from my seasons in sports games, I play with different teams all the time. If each team had there own intro, and it was exciting and similiar to what I'd see on Sunday, I doubt I'd skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
Oh and BTW...Like I said earlier EA has implemented sig style when appropriate i.e. Tiki Barber's high and tight carrying of the rock and to be honest that is one of the VERY FEW instances when sig style literally JUMPS right outta the game and grabs ya
I guess it depends on what you pay attention to. I think Jamal Lewis' running style is quite unique. Larry Johnson, Corey Dillon, Edgerin James, Julius Jones, Adrian Peterson, Duece McAllister, Frank Gore and Shaun Alexander all have styles I think are worth emulating.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 6

I really don't disagree that its important. I just don't think its where the game needs to go to be successful. Nothing really is fluff because something is important to everyone but this is sort of seasoning and no matter how much we would like to think that we are EA's target audience - we aren't. Its those average fans. Mid-air collisions are something a typical 15 year old will notice. Reggie Bush's running gate? Not so much. As a fan of the game and of the sport, I'd love to see every nuance make it in but I'm also realistic that that will never happen. I'd be happy playing something that is close.

As far as the pregame stuff, I tend to disagree with Bezo. You could have Sal Palantonio reporting the weather forecast at Gillette stadium as the cannons are firing and the Pats are taking the field with the cheerleaders kicking and "Crazy train" playing and after a week of enjoying the new stuff, I'm hitting the A button as soon as I get the chance.

And lastly ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
And when you say Dante Hall, i just assumed you are talking about D'Angelo Hall.
... I actually tried to use the situation to clarify because I know most people think of Roy Williams, Detroit WO but I was talking about Roy Williams, Dallas S vs. Dante Hall, St. Louis' fourth receiver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »