Home

Is EA bringing back real announcers?

This is a discussion on Is EA bringing back real announcers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Is EA bringing back real announcers?

No, you quoted my grammatical error! :/

But yeah, I was watching my friend play 2K's latest baseball game and the commentary was out of this world.. No reason why EA shouldn't be able to do this..
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I honestly thought the gameplay in Madden 07 for the 360 was pretty good but i gave up on it b/c of the lack of presentation. The game is just too boring. It feels like you're playing a bunch of exhibition games.

I would have loved to see what VC would have done on the presentation side if they had the NFL and ESPN license.

It's painfully obvious that the only reason EA got the ESPN license was so VC couldn't have it. It was wishful thinking to hope EA would pick up and surpass where VC left off.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I think if done right the radio announcers would be cool. But they would need to get the actual announcers for each team, and you would hear them instead of some intern making an extra buck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
It's painfully obvious that the only reason EA got the ESPN license was so VC couldn't have it.
Which at the end of the day is a smart business decision albeit without the NFL license the ESPN license would pretty much be useless. There are plenty of people who aren't happy with the license but you really can't criticize them for it. I believe that VC had every opportunity that EA did but in the end I think it boiled down to the fact that Madden accounts for a bigger portion of EA's income then the NFL 2k series did for VC. Now onto the subject of the post - I don't think that Madden will ever be a big presentation game because, even as a franchise fan, its pretty clear that the majority of players care more about gameplay. Not to mention that 2K HAD to have the presentation to differentiate itself from Madden.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
The one thing that I can't understand is why??? I mean EA has more people working on their football game than VC ever had. EA has way more money to put into development. EA has had the rights to ESPN for the past 2 years and they haven't done a thing with it which makes you wonder why???? VC had the presentation down pat especially when it came to half-time and end of the game shows, yet EA never made an effort to match or even top it. The biggest problem that I have with EA is that every year they remove something that workes and then tries to put it back in a few years later in an effort to make it sound "New." NCAA Football continues to make strides every year where as Madden continues to go in reverse and focus on gimmicky things such as the hit stick or the fumblenator or the grass stain amplifier when their presentation is by far the worst in the industry.
The answer quite frankly is this... Tiburon really isnt that great at deveoping immersive games. They are dumb as a door knob when it comes to what makes a football game fun and exciting. Sure they "usually" get down great game play after serveral years of trying each generation of consoles..but one thing they greatly lack at is presentation, immersiveness and atmosphere... EA really needs to start thinking of a complete overhaul of developers for its madden franchise in order to keep their madden series up to par with what gamers want now days iwth such advanced hardware in these systems.

I jsut about died laughing the first time i popped in Madden on my 360..i was like..wait a minute..the radio guy on madden 360 barely sounded better Sega Sports Talk football..now guys, how far back was that game out on Sega Genesis?
Old 05-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #14
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Which at the end of the day is a smart business decision albeit without the NFL license the ESPN license would pretty much be useless. There are plenty of people who aren't happy with the license but you really can't criticize them for it. I believe that VC had every opportunity that EA did but in the end I think it boiled down to the fact that Madden accounts for a bigger portion of EA's income then the NFL 2k series did for VC. Now onto the subject of the post - I don't think that Madden will ever be a big presentation game because, even as a franchise fan, its pretty clear that the majority of players care more about gameplay. Not to mention that 2K HAD to have the presentation to differentiate itself from Madden.
Agreed that snagging the ESPN license was smart as was the NFL license. Better you to have it than the competition. My gripe with EA was never about the NFL license since the NFL was going to sell it to the highest bidder anyways. My thing is that got the ESPN license to do squat with it.
VC could have/would have used it in their other sports titles so to say that it was useless after the NFL license was gone isn't completely accurate.
I also think you're also giving Madden an undeserved pass where it comes to presentation.
I wouldn't necessarily say that Madden gamers care so much for gameplay vs. they haven't branched out to experience NFL presentation done right. I'm pretty sure that if VC did the presentation for Madden in 08 then it was taken out in following years people would be upset.
I also would say that VC didn't have to have the presentation to be a solid game. For many, including myself NFL 2k5 was much better than the Madden of that year even if you threw presentation out the window. The 2 styles are so different that it really came down to personal taste. I preferred VC's style of football and the awesome presentation was simply icing on the cake.
I have never seen a game make such a leap forward as from NFL 2k4 to NFL 2k5.

I'm hoping Madden 08 steps it up in both gameplay and presentation. For a full NFL experience you need them both. If it's in the game, it's in the game. Right?

Last edited by GAMEC0CK2002; 05-17-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #15
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
I think if done right the radio announcers would be cool. But they would need to get the actual announcers for each team, and you would hear them instead of some intern making an extra buck.
That is the only way I would be accepting of another year of radio-announcing.

My team is the Raiders, so when I'm at home -my- radio announcer should spend the game talking about the details of -my- team, and he should get excited when -my- team makes a big play.

Now when I take my team to lets say, Tampa Bay, their radio-announcer should spend the game talking about the intricacies of their team, and when I score it'd be nice if their announcer said something along the lines of, "Oh man our defense just can't seem to stop the run today".

That would be a nice touch and an effective use of the radio-announcer in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2007, 01:43 AM   #16
Rookie

didy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Agreed that snagging the ESPN license was smart as was the NFL license. Better you to have it than the competition. My gripe with EA was never about the NFL license since the NFL was going to sell it to the highest bidder anyways. My thing is that got the ESPN license to do squat with it.
VC could have/would have used it in their other sports titles so to say that it was useless after the NFL license was gone isn't completely accurate.
I also think you're also giving Madden an undeserved pass where it comes to presentation.
I wouldn't necessarily say that Madden gamers care so much for gameplay vs. they haven't branched out to experience NFL presentation done right. I'm pretty sure that if VC did the presentation for Madden in 08 then it was taken out in following years people would be upset.
I also would say that VC didn't have to have the presentation to be a solid game. For many, including myself NFL 2k5 was much better than the Madden of that year even if you threw presentation out the window. The 2 styles are so different that it really came down to personal taste. I preferred VC's style of football and the awesome presentation was simply icing on the cake.
I have never seen a game make such a leap forward as from NFL 2k4 to NFL 2k5.

I'm hoping Madden 08 steps it up in both gameplay and presentation. For a full NFL experience you need them both. If it's in the game, it's in the game. Right?
I think you are dead correct on what you stated, however, people/football fans love watching their favourite game on ESPN so to say that if Madden implements ESPN as their core source for presentation, I dont belive Madden fans would be upset since the presentation would only reflect the real life presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »