Home

5 Things You Need to Know About Madden 08 (IGN)

This is a discussion on 5 Things You Need to Know About Madden 08 (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #17
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 5 Things You Need to Know About Madden 08 (IGN)

I saw this "According to producer David Ortiz" and got really scared. I thought the other guy who sounded like he had a clue (Ian something) was in charge of this version. Why is this clowns name poping back up?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
imo it sounds like more gimmicky features. letting me be able to see what is being ran after calling a certain play is not cool. borderline cheating almost.
I'm not sure why this feature is even needed. When you play online, you know what plays the guys are running because they only run 3-4 per game. And often it's out of the hurry up offense.

I just hope that they reward you for calling the right play in 08, instead of your players not reacting differently to the same play being run everydown. I don't need to see what play my opponent is running, I need my players to adjust to my opponent running the same play over and over!

So upgrade the AI, and let me recognize what my opponent is doing on my own. Instead of providing a visual graphic of the play being called.

Everything 'sounds' good. Now let's see video proof.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
imo it sounds like more gimmicky features. letting me be able to see what is being ran after calling a certain play is not cool. borderline cheating almost.
Quote:
The more the defense calls the same plays throughout the game, the more Manning's icon turns to gold. When the icon is completely gold, the guy controlling the offense can hold down the right trigger + LB to reveal the play art of the defense.
In other words, mixing up one's play calling is going to be vitally important. No more running the same 5-6 plays for the entire game. I love it.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #20

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
In other words, mixing up one's play calling is going to be vitally important. No more running the same 5-6 plays for the entire game. I love it.
I doubt it'll be that cut and dry. Videogames, not just Madden, have always had the difficulty of simulating human logic.

I guarantee this feature, if not tempered, will be exploited just like where a guy throws to the elite receiver time and time again.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

if you can't stop someone who you notice is calling the same play then it all falls on you. the only thing i'm hearing that sounds somewhat impressive is more animations for stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #22
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
The way the animations branch from one move to the next, the ability for runners like L.T. to bounce off a tackle, stiff arm the safety and maintain his balance as he shows everyone why he's the MVP are just so fluid, so smooth at this point, it's amazing to think that the Madden team still has 5 weeks to fine-tune and polish the product before they get ready to ship
5 weeks? Thats like end of June for an August release date.........is that the way its always been?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Only if the adaptive AI gets a serious upgrade. If your players do not adjust to the same 5-6 plays being called what difference does it make?

It says that the game will provide a graphic outline of the play being called after it is called too much. But, if my teammates can't adjust to this play on their own, what good will it do?

I guess we will have to wait and see how good the adaptive AI is in 08. I would like to see this upgraded versus a visual reference of what play is being called too much.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #24

OVR: 34

You know what would be a cool feature is if a guy is killing you with the same play, maybe have a voice over of a defensive coord. chime in and say, "He's killing us, let's try and..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »