Home

Shouldnt we be happier about Madden 08......

This is a discussion on Shouldnt we be happier about Madden 08...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #33
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Shouldnt we be happier about Madden 08......

I complain about EA and Madden but I currently have NCAA for the Xbox 360 and PSP and Madden on the PC so while I would rather be playing 2k5 right no... I play EA's version of football trying to make it feel more like real football. If Madden 08 came out and played great I would be more than happy to praise them for finally stepping up to the plate and making a great game of football Until than I'll believe it when I see it
Old 05-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #34
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm definitely more enthusiastic about Madden this year. Its good we're getting a lot of the features back in the game that were left out. I'm definitely tired of the blind EA faith and hate tho. Cats I know have the EA faith, Madden is gonna be hot as always blah blah, I come on OS and see, Madden is gonna suck as usual blah blah. Its very tiring, I just want a hot realistic football game.

My main problem with EA is them catering to the tournament crowd and I feel they've been doing this since Madden 04 game play and presentation wise. I hope they really try to simulate football more this year. Thats what I'm hoping. I hope the game is more immersing and has less of that run n gun feel to it.

Its too early too jump the gun either way IMO, but I'm patiently waiting to see what EA has for us this year. 1 thing's for sure I had my mind set I wasn't buying any EA football this year, but once again they pulled me back in. If it isn't what I hoped for, I'll just wait and pick it up used somewhere because I gotta get the NFL fix eventually, same with NCAA.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #35
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As others have said, EA could make the greatest game known to man, people would still complain. Mostly fueled by the exclusive license agreement.

To the people who come up with the "we just want the best game argument", you're either lying to hide your agenda, or delusional. There is a significant number of people, who will hate the Madden series no matter how good or great the quality of the product is. Brand loyalty knows no bounds for some I guess.
Good way to generalize. Not everyone on these boards are brand loyalists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #36
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Good way to generalize. Not everyone on these boards are brand loyalists.
Not everyone..But there is a large portion of people that pretend to give a game or chance or even be impartial when their true agenda is to hate
Old 05-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

Ther problem is most of this stuff should of been in here before this year, which is pretty pathetic, but I guess hopefully this year's game will be a major improvement. Hopefully this new Gameplay Engine is as good as they say it is.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm really happier about Madden 08 and very much looking forward to it but even though they are adding all these things that we want, the true question is, will the game have that 'fun factor" that makes you want to keep playing? That is the one thing that is hard to define that has been missing from the Madden series for a while now I think.

From the early reads about the game the improved control and gameplay sounds like it will add that fun factor back in but the truth is, none of us will know until we spend a couple of days with the game. But yeah this is the most excited and optimistic i've been for Madden in a few years now.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #39
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
Not everyone..But there is a large portion of people that pretend to give a game or chance or even be impartial when their true agenda is to hate
Its kind of strange. There does seem to be a point where healthy skepticism paradoxically turns into a kind of dogma itself.

I look at my own feelings toward NBA Live, which I've hated for at least 8 years now, and think "Would I actually be able to recognize and admit it if they made a game that blew the doors off of the 2k game?"

I guess I would, but sadly I don't think I would trust my own experience, I think I would have to come online and ask "Is this game really as good as I think it is?" LOL. I didn't use to be the way.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #40
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I disagree. I think people expected a better game. Madden 06 and 07 was average at best. I don't hate Madden or EA. I just want a better game for my next gen gaming system.

I agree completely. I could have even looked past some of Madden 07's flaws if the game wasn't so darn boring!!! Until EA ups the presentation side of things, Madden will be rental to me. There is no way I could finish a game let alone an entire season in a game that is that boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »