Home

Something that I've hoped would be incorporated

This is a discussion on Something that I've hoped would be incorporated within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Something that I've hoped would be incorporated

into Madden's Franchise mode....The decline in skills for good players. I'd like to see guys stick around longer than they should. I'd like to see them injured more or just having poor seasons. With the way it seems now, most retirements occur because of the age of the players. I put Madden in today for the first time since 1/28 according to my franchise file. I'm just going through retirements and seing guys who are still going strong today even at the twilight of their careers are retiring in the game. QBs, WRs, OLs, CBs, are now enjoying longer careers than they used to. Just like to see it reflected in Madden's franchise.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

stee0221's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Something that I've hoped would be incorporated

I agree. I would like to see a feature in Madden similar to NCAA's (guys leaving or not leaving for the draft) where you could try and convince guys to not retire or simply see guys stay around longer (Favre being a prime example).
Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

It's a very good point, actually. I hadn't thought of this. Great topic.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice idea. Not sure if the league would approve it.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
into Madden's Franchise mode....The decline in skills for good players. I'd like to see guys stick around longer than they should. I'd like to see them injured more or just having poor seasons. With the way it seems now, most retirements occur because of the age of the players. I put Madden in today for the first time since 1/28 according to my franchise file. I'm just going through retirements and seing guys who are still going strong today even at the twilight of their careers are retiring in the game. QBs, WRs, OLs, CBs, are now enjoying longer careers than they used to. Just like to see it reflected in Madden's franchise.
Excellent idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 21

They used to do it a little bit a few years ago on current gen (around 2002-2003 I think). Players would lose their skills over a few seasons before retiring.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31

I would love for the Madden guys to take a look at the rate in which players ratings moved from each edition of Madden from 2000-2007 and incorporate those statistical probabilities into the increase and decrease of abilities. The problem I have had with franchise modes is that no one has a "bad season" and their ratings seem to just get better and better until everyone is rated 99's.

They have the data and I guarantee it would show that players sometime drop by has many as 10 points in certain categories year to year. This would make franchise so much more interesting than the mundane progression they have now.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
I would love for the Madden guys to take a look at the rate in which players ratings moved from each edition of Madden from 2000-2007 and incorporate those statistical probabilities into the increase and decrease of abilities. The problem I have had with franchise modes is that no one has a "bad season" and their ratings seem to just get better and better until everyone is rated 99's.

They have the data and I guarantee it would show that players sometime drop by has many as 10 points in certain categories year to year. This would make franchise so much more interesting than the mundane progression they have now.
good point. your idea would make it more interesting when trying determine whether you re-sign your UFA who has proven that he was a good player but have had just maybe 2 average years.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »