Home

IS it Next-Gen yet???

This is a discussion on IS it Next-Gen yet??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: IS it Next-Gen yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
THANK YOU!

I'll get back to that later - the question you ask on its face is simple. Yes its next gen. Its a game produced for a more advanced system even if in your opinion it doesn't use that system to its best ability. I'm really not so certain what the fascination is with "next gen" "current gen" "last gen". Call it whatever you want its not going to change the game.

I for one have the 360 but still play current gen Madden because I prefer it but now here's the problem. Everyone has control of their wallet. If you don't like what EA is putting out then speak your mind with your cash and don't buy it. EA has duped NO ONE. They have been very upfront with what is or isn't in the game. They never said we were getting Sportscenter in '06. They never said we were getting owner mode. We expected it. We didn't get it and we moaned about it but two years later its time to move on. If your big thing is presentation, than pass on it. Madden has never been about presentation and it probably will always be on the back burner. I passed on 2k because I loved EA's franchise features and weren't wow'd by 2k;s but I'm not on APF's forum bitching about no franchise mode. I don't expect it from them and in turn they will not get my money.

This is America and we have the right to say just about whatever we want but I'm getting tired of reading the same things no matter what the topic is I'll go on record as saying I hated the first two next gen games. I hated them. I found them unplayable but because of the focus on this years version I'm buying it and I'm buying INSTEAD of the current gen Madden rather than 6 mos after it. I might play it and I might hate it and if I hate it because I bought it for the new weapons and they aren't in there or if I bought it because I think that owner mode is coming back and it isn't in there then I have the right to complain and criticise. But why are people looking at Madden expecting ESPN when there has been no indication that its going to be in the game? Of course you're going to be disappointed. Just don't buy it. The other issue I'd like to bring up is the criticism of the game review sites, they make money from advertising which in turn is set by hits to the page, if their integrity is questioned then they wont get traffic and their ad rates will be going down. If the review sites were being paid off by EA then they wouldn't be recommending VC's NBA game over Live. The two companies have other investments than football if the sites were in one companies back pocket, I would expect their reviews to be skewed across all of the games.

I think its to the point where we need to start a Madden complaint forum for people that insist on bashing the game before its release. I apologize if this seems strong but everyday I come home from 8 or 9 hours of work and OS is one my typcial news and sports stops to catch up on the information that I may have missed during the day. I look forward to getting new information about the upcoming game and sure enough under every topic there has to be someone saying something negative that has already been said hundreds if not thousands of times over the past two years. This isn't directed just to the original poster either and its not meant as a personal attack but maybe its time you should hop over to the APF forums.
1st off if you read all my post I didn't ask for ESPN style presentation but some presentation would be nice. I also stated that EA and us as consumers should be more accountable. Also they have over promised and under delivered on Madden 07 360 and PS3 maybe not with 06 but 07 yes. My thing was why is there a big hype of the "Next-gen" issue, they hype it up so much that I thought next-gen was suppose to mean the next big thing which offered what are last console did only better and much more of it. There is no way people should be comparing Madden Xbox to Madden 360 IMHO but that’s what’s happening. You make a good point if you don't like it don't buy it, but that’s the nature of the way things work. I’m sure you own many things that you don't like or are unsatisfied with right? So what we can't talk about a product that we brought that has under delivered? I've been to the AP forums; I’m a equal opportunity gamer I’m open minded to all games on the market, but as a consumer I want the best product for my money. Which leads me to the review sights many people don't have access to the game early so we rely on these reviews to make a well informed decision on whether to buy the game or not. SO when they review it high and give praise, only for us to bring it home and be disappointed we can't take exception to that? Lastly you invite me to the AP2k forums why ?? You should take your own advise you read the title if you don't like it don't read, it move on and look for a title that says "NEW Madden 07 info" but this title didn't so stop complaining because no asked you to read it let alone post about how your looking for new info but you get bombarded by "this stuff". Nice post man good

Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
but im sure you do remember morphing threw 5 defenders in a pile to score a touchdown right???? You want truth you can't handle the truth. Here you proof enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icnyyaq_bMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqeIjUfhGVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=770BJ...elated&search=

or not having fatigue in the game until the playoffs or having Barry Sanders as starting tail back for the New York Jets in week 3 of your Franchise?? dude do get me started man
The Barry Sanders complaint you've got no leg to stand on. There was an easy work around for that, which was well documented.

But continue complaining.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 PM   #51
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Madden 07 was definitely better than NCAA 07 on next gen.

I agree. However, I think NCAA owns Madden in current gen (or is it last gen).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2007, 11:45 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I agree. However, I think NCAA owns Madden in current gen (or is it last gen).
Agreed.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:49 PM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I also disagree that Madden's presentation has gone backwards unless you're talking about the transition from current gen to next gen in which case VC hasn't produced a next gen football game until this year so that comparison can't be made.
I'd say presentation in Madden '07 NG is worse than NFL2K5/Madden/NCAA current gen. Sorry, but that's pitiful - I'm surprised you're actually trying to defend it. As far as the NG games, I was referring to NBA2K & MLB2K7 - no license, and presentation in either game blows away what's been done by EA. 989 does a better job. It's the talent/focus of the developers, period. Tiburon added an air raid sound to deep passes. Not much more needs to be said.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd say presentation in Madden '07 NG is worse than NFL2K5/Madden/NCAA current gen. Sorry, but that's pitiful - I'm surprised you're actually trying to defend it. As far as the NG games, I was referring to NBA2K & MLB2K7 - no license, and presentation in either game blows away what's been done by EA. 989 does a better job. It's the talent/focus of the developers, period. Tiburon added an air raid sound to deep passes. Not much more needs to be said.
MLB2k7 is a perfect example of a game that should have had more focus on gameplay and software stability and less on presentation.

Even top notch presentation can't save that game.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The Barry Sanders complaint you've got no leg to stand on. There was an easy work around for that, which was well documented.

But continue complaining.
i wasn't complaining he made a point and i countered his point. So yeah i want to have to research on the net on how to get my game to work correctly straight out of it's brand new box yeah good point!! Many people play madden that are not on top of things because not everyone uses these forums to fix their new game sounds like two legs to me buddy Sure easy fix for someone with almost 40k in post but what about the kids and the avg. gamer? I'm not trying to give you a hard time but only responding to you negative/complaing post in a postive way.

Last edited by smash22; 05-25-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
i wasn't complaining he made a point and i countered his point. So yeah i want to have to research on the net on how to get my game to work correctly straight out of it's brand new box yeah good point!! Many people play madden that are not on top of things because not everyone uses these forums to fix their new game sounds like two legs to me buddy
It was available on EA's site. And their tech support site. And if you called you tech support you could have gotten the answer. Most people when they feel something is broken to attempt to contact the manufacturer's tech support via email, phone or internet. Sorry, but of all the things to complain about, especially in a hard core sports gaming community like this one, that's not a valid complaint, no matter what excuses you make for it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »